Sagicor Group Limited in Jamaica is looking for a Human Resources Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Assist in reviewing, developing, and embedding creative employee centric Human Resources Processes, Policies and Procedures which drive culture and behaviour change companywide. Work in collaboration or partnership with subject area experts both internally and externally to identify, research and recommend appropriate changes, ensuring that the policies set down for the management of employees are legally and practically sound.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the review, documentation and communication of all Human Resources processes, policies and procedures changes.
- Maintain repository of all procedures and guidelines.
- Update the Master List of Procedures with the status of work assigned to the relevant personnel.
- Conduct research both at the international and local level including comparative analysis of the policies to ensure that they are consistent with current trends globally.
- Develop and maintain a process to guide and document the Policy review process and execute the effective communication of same.
- Ensure the maintainance of current Microsoft Word versions of procedures and the publication of approved revised documents on the local intranet.
- Ensure the maintainance of supporting documentation in respect of approvals for the assigned documentation requests in an organized manner on the designated shared drive for easy access, audit purposes and other queries/requests
- Help with the processes and recommend/implement developments and initiatives with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Management Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Human Resources Professional Certification
- Two (2) years’ working experience in Human Resources and writing policies.
- Knowledge of Jamaican and Cayman Labour Laws, Pensions Act, Insurance, Property Management, and Banking/Investments Regulations.
- Sound human relations skills and ability to interact with personnel at all organizational levels internally and externally.
- Excellent operational experience to appreciate the relationship between policy and practice.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- High proficiency in the use of personal computing productivity applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Sound knowledge of HR Policies, Procedures, Systems and Administration.
- Great deal of accuracy and attention to details.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.