Blue Bay Curaçao Golf & Beach Resort in Curacao is hiring an Assistant Superintendent on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head Greenkeeper in the management, preparation and development of the course and surrounding areas. It will entail supervising. planning, maintaining and participating in the overall management of the golf course and the maintenance of the highest professional standards in safety, performance and quality of service.
Our ideal candidate will possess management experience and the following qualifications, experience and skills.
- Proven management experience including working within and managing a
- greenkeeping team.
- Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Sports Turf Management and Maintenance.
- Enthusiasm, passion and high motivation.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to team play.
- Knowledge of golf course construction and irrigation systems is desirable
- and would be an advantage.
- The ability to work in an efficient and effective manner and prioritize work
- Proven experience of the preparation and operation of greenkeeping
- machinery and equipment including basic fault finding and servicing
- Chainsaw and Spraying certification required (PA1, 2 and 6).
- Knowledge of IT systems sufficient to assist with the preparation and
- control of budgets.
- General secundary education (minimum VSBO or SBO);
- Good communication skills;
- Affinity with golf is an advantage;
- Motivated and energetic
- Knowledge of Dutch and English language;
- Papiamentu is an advantage;
- Client-service oriented
Blue Bay Curaçao!
Blue Bay Curaçao is a fast-growing organization that focuses on project development, lot sales, renting out holiday bungalows and exploiting the beach. In addition, we have an 18-hole golf course, located in a natural environment formed by hills, sea and beach. The atmosphere within Blue Bay is characterized as flexible, vibrant, inspiring and challenging. Blue Bay consists of the Services, F&B, Golf, Development and Accommodations departments. These are supported by the Finance, IT, HR and Resort Marketing departments.
A little history about us
Understandably, many think that the name Blue Bay was chosen because of the striking blue water in the bay. The truth is that this beautiful part of Curaçao was already named ‘Blaauwbaai’ (Blue Bay in Dutch), after Anno Blaauw, the owner at the time. He grew limes, oranges and – to make the name even more appropriate – the blue pigment indigo.
Over the years, the plantation has had its share of different owners. In 1800, it was occupied and plundered by French pirates. In the 20th century, it became the property of the Jacobs family, who used it as a farm. During the Second World War, American soldiers manned cannons at Blue Bay to shoot at German submarines.
The master plan of Blue Bay Resort dates back to 1990, when a local development group purchased the plantation from the Jacobs family and built the first infrastructure. In 1997, developer Steve Raspoort saw the area’s enormous potential. Step by step, he established a thriving resort and golf course. Steve Raspoort passed away in 2007, but his family continued realizing his dream to create a welcoming place where life is enjoyed to the fullest. Blue Bay has since grown to become a household name on Curaçao and in the Caribbean.
Blue Bay is a young team that has grown to a corporate company. With deluxe office buildings and a great team spirit. Ready to join us?