Blue Bay Curaçao Golf & Beach Resort in Curacao is hiring a Reservations Coordinator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for handling all transient reservations, faxes, email and telephone inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Highgate Hotel standards. Being able to multi task is critical along with handling a very large work load. Time management is key is this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Forecast packages according to hotel standards.
- Research travel agent commissions
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
Blue Bay Curaçao!
Blue Bay Curaçao is a fast-growing organization that focuses on project development, lot sales, renting out holiday bungalows and exploiting the beach. In addition, we have an 18-hole golf course, located in a natural environment formed by hills, sea and beach. The atmosphere within Blue Bay is characterized as flexible, vibrant, inspiring and challenging. Blue Bay consists of the Services, F&B, Golf, Development and Accommodations departments. These are supported by the Finance, IT, HR and Resort Marketing departments.
A little history about us
Understandably, many think that the name Blue Bay was chosen because of the striking blue water in the bay. The truth is that this beautiful part of Curaçao was already named ‘Blaauwbaai’ (Blue Bay in Dutch), after Anno Blaauw, the owner at the time. He grew limes, oranges and – to make the name even more appropriate – the blue pigment indigo.
Over the years, the plantation has had its share of different owners. In 1800, it was occupied and plundered by French pirates. In the 20th century, it became the property of the Jacobs family, who used it as a farm. During the Second World War, American soldiers manned cannons at Blue Bay to shoot at German submarines.
The master plan of Blue Bay Resort dates back to 1990, when a local development group purchased the plantation from the Jacobs family and built the first infrastructure. In 1997, developer Steve Raspoort saw the area’s enormous potential. Step by step, he established a thriving resort and golf course. Steve Raspoort passed away in 2007, but his family continued realizing his dream to create a welcoming place where life is enjoyed to the fullest. Blue Bay has since grown to become a household name on Curaçao and in the Caribbean.
Blue Bay is a young team that has grown to a corporate company. With deluxe office buildings and a great team spirit. Ready to join us?