Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Pool & Beach Server on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Ensuring customer satisfaction by providing efficient service of food or beverage which includes order-taking, delivery and clearing of any food or beverage items around the pools and beaches. Checking stations before and during shifts for company standard set-up and cleanliness. Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner that follows the Ocean Hotels and AAA standards .
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests around the pools and beaches
- Set pool & beach furniture according to type of event and service standards cleaning glass around the pool and glass tables
- Clear ashtrays when required each ashtray should be no more than two butts.
- Answer questions related to menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, orders, and product availability
- Communicate additional meal requirements such as allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to Ocean Hotels and AAA standards, anticipate and address guests` service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Encourage a positive attitude among Team Members.
- Polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow Team Members
- Anticipate guests needs, demonstrating sensitivity and responsiveness, ensuring complete satisfaction
- Perform all duties in a timely and professional manner
- Reports to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, in accordance with the company's personal appearance standards
- Applies excellent guest relations skills when interacting with guests
- Complying with any and all reasonable requests from supervisors or management.
- Adheres to all AAA, Ocean Hotels Company policies, standards and procedures, including Health and Safety, Fire Prevention, Hygiene and Discipline.
- Performs any other ancillary, reasonable and/or related duties as may be assigned by management.
- Attends departmental staff or other meetings as required.
- Report any maintenance issues to the supervisor on duty.
- In addition to the duties which this job normally entails, you will be required to be completely flexible in the position and must be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you by the company from time to time. Such work can be done outside the area of your normal duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Food & Beverage Server must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Previous experience in a four-diamond resort. (desirable)
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent.
- Level 2 or above National Vocational Qualification in Food and Drink Service
- Basic knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system. (Where Applicable)
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a 4 star establishment.
The Food & Beverage Server must demonstrate the following skills:
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- A positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential.
- Must be able to work shifts. (days, evening, weekends, holidays)
- Must be able to cultivate positive relationships with hotel guests to make their experience memorable.
The Food & Beverage Server must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Effective follow up