Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Room Attendant on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
SUMMARY: Routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms for occupancy and use according to standards set by the company under the supervision of the Head Housekeeper or Supervisor. Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with all departmental policies and the hotel standards. Additionally, maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the Housekeeping Supervisor for room assignment instructions, keys, supplies and materials. Receives keys and accepts responsibility for them until turned in at the end of the shift.
- Cleans and sanitized guest rooms, patios, stairs and bathrooms according to standards set by the hotel.
- Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Making beds according to company standards and checking for bedbugs when needed, Dusting / polishing / sanitizing all furniture and surfaces, Tidying - generally putting things in place, making rooms neat, Mopping floors, inside and outside, Placing flowers in rooms on arrivals(where applicable), Cleaning and sanitizing mirrors, windows and glass doors in occupied rooms, Wiping and sanitizing bathroom tiles and soiled wall, Cleaning and sanitizing baths, toilets, sinks, basins, etc., Emptying, cleaning waste-paper baskets. Replaces used supplies, Clean the closet inside and outside, reports any rooms which still have “do not disturb” signs on doors after 12 Noon.
- Ensures that each room serviced has the agreed par stock of supplies and amenities and waters replenished in the fridge.
- Complete a daily checklist and record any discrepancies found.
- Removes soiled dishes, crockery, empty bottles, glasses and trays from guest rooms and notify Room Service for pick-up.(where applicable)
- Performs turn down service when required to do so. (where applicable)
- Returns all lost/found articles to the Rooms Care / Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor.
- Assist with monthly inventory counts.
- Reports any broken or defective items in the rooms i.e. blown light bulbs, toilets not flushing, leaky taps etc. to the Housekeeping Manager or immediate supervisor.
- Turn off any lights, fans, television, radios which have been left on.
- Reports to the Departmental Manager any unusual occurrences, i.e. the use of bedrooms by unregistered guests, missing items from the room, loiterers or other suspicious persons in rooms and corridors to the Housekeeping department or Security.
- Answers guest queries, referring them to the correct department when unable to answer their questions.
- Ensures guest rooms are secure after cleaning by putting on the security bar on the sliding door, after cleaning the patio/balcony and locking the room door.
- Ensures Room Attendants’ buckets and other working tools are cleaned after use.
- Should be courteous to everyone with whom contact is made, resident and non-resident, guests, fellow staff members and hotel Management.
- Attends daily briefings, departmental or other meetings as required.
- Assist in any area that falls within your division and perform any ancillary and / or related duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Company policies, standards and procedures, including Health and Safety, Fire Prevention, Hygiene and Discipline.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness throughout the hotel by picking up and removing litter in all visible areas of the hotel.
- In addition to the duties which this job normally entails, you will be required to be completely flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other work as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time. Such work can be done outside the area of your normal duties.
- This job description will be amended from time to time. You will be notified of such amendments in writing and your job description will be held to have been automatically updated. A new job description will be issued at the appropriate time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Room Attendant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent
- Level 2 or above National Vocational Qualification in Housekeeping
The Room Attendant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Time management skills
- Read and write English fluently
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential
- Must be able to work shifts (days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime)
The Room Attendant must demonstrate the following personal attributes
- Effective follow up
- Professional deportment