TRINRE Insurance Company Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Assistant Manager Operations on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Assistant Manager Operations plays a key role in developing and implementing business development plans and strategies that will increase opportunities to profitably achieve the company’s growth objectives in a sustainable manner. The post holder will also play a key role in the development of a high performing Business Development and R&U Team ensuring that effective leadership is provided.
- Ensures the achievement of all service standards through process improvement and delivery within and across departments for both internal and external customers.
- Leads the development of a high performing Department through robust performance management plans. This includes but is not limited to:
- Formulating and implementing Training and Development strategies and initiatives to ensure knowledge of products, technical competence, skills development and capability of the team.
- Developing and implementation of succession plans.
- Increasing engagement and teamwork through multiple strategies such as communication, collaboration and cross-training.
- Ensuring that the performance management system is appropriately constructed and implemented including: goals setting, probationary plans, Personal Improvement Plans etc., with the timely completion of same.
- Direct supervision of all branch employees to ensure consistent teamwork and operational efficiencies.
- Ensures that daily operations at all locations are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Provides regular reports to the Risk and Underwriting Manager as agreed and as required to senior management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Management or a related field.
- ACII or CPCU qualified or in pursuit of this will be an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role, Team Lead or Supervisory position
- Any combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of insurance operations, procedures and all lines of business.
- Technical knowledge of underwriting principles and the relevant laws and statutory requirements governing the insurance industry.
- Able to make the strategic link between organization’s goals and the overall business strategy for department.
- Ability to manage analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance.
- Ability to plan, organize, analyze, prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong team leadership, team building and coaching skills with the ability to effectively delegate.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other insurance platform.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- A high level of confidentiality and drive for results.
- Strong Business Acumen with Sales Orientation.
- High Emotional Intelligence.
- Ability to delegate clearly and achieve desired results.
Kindly submit your cover letter and updated résumé.