Doctors Hospital Health System, Bahamas in Bahamas is hiring a Dispatcher/Receptionist on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Receptionist must be familiar with all areas and current contacts within and for the organization in order to maintain open communication channels for effective and professional interaction between public, Hospital patients/customers, Associates and vendors. In addition, the Receptionist serves as the first contact with the caller and, as such, calms and direct the actions of lay persons, passes on pertinent information to caller and ETS staff, and provides direction of incoming ambulance personnel and performs several tasks at one time. Performs continuous monitoring of radio medical channels and dispatch request lines. Acts as initial point of contact for requests for emergency medical service; assesses nature and extent of the emergency, and may provide preliminary advice and guidance, as necessary. Disburses accurate and appropriate information to the incident commander or to the emergency medical response team. Maintains logs of emergency radio and/or telephone calls and dispatches.
- Certified Dispatcher preferred.
- One year related experience including data entry, computer applications and/or telephone communications or six (6) months experience in emergency communications/radio dispatching.
- Certified Dispatcher.
- Emergency Medical Technician certification preferred.
- Current BLS/ and First Aid Training required.
- Emergency Department Basic Skills Course required.
- CPR Certification a plus.
- Multilingual skills a plus.
- Basic Computer Skills required.
- Customer Service training preferred