Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Do you enjoy crafting fun and exciting programs for guests and your community? In this role you'll build and execute initiatives that set the appropriate scene in the pool areas of the hotel and restaurant both day and night. You'll be the catalyst for building creative programming, events, collaborations (on or off property) that resonate with the hotel guests and locals alike.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Create an outstanding experience at the pool by providing fantastic customer service.
- The position is encouraged to source new and maintain existing networks, including musicians, artists, tastemakers and other creative partners that may play a role in setting the social scene.
- You'll establish and form programs for the senses: sight, sound, smell, touch, taste.
- Work closely with the Guest Service Manager through various initiatives and act as the boots on the ground for property and PR relationships.
- Prior approval of new vendor relationships.
- Regularly attend property meetings and effectively communicate ongoing and upcoming programming and events to the property management team and staff for efficient operational performance.
What You Bring
- Skillful in verbal and written communication, with phenomenal customer service and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to lead projects effectively.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in customer service or similar role.
- Creative spirit, motivation, and willingness to experiment.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.