Reports To: Deli Supervisor and/or Deli Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within the Department, including providing assistance to the Department Supervisor and/or Manager by maintaining, preparing and presenting merchandise. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Greet and serve customers including taking orders, packaging, pricing, and filling items.
- Have basic knowledge of deli products and different types of merchandise available with the ability to sell and offer suggestions to customers to promote department sales.
- Prepare various equipment and ingredients for daily use.
- Prep and prepare various foods and ingredients for cooking or serving.
- Keep food line, cases and other displays always stocked and properly faced in accordance with department standards.
- Learn basic prepping and cooking skills to be able to assist cooks and Deli staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Code-date and rotate all merchandise to ensure quality and freshness.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Follow company procedures to ensure work areas are always clean. Wash and clean utensils, equipment, walls, floors, and fixtures.
- Always show interest and willingness to learn the industry.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in largely diverse teams.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to endure hot and cold temperatures.
- 1-2 years industry or related experience.
- Proper knife cutting skills required.
- Company will provide certification to complete the Basic Food & Hygiene certification.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.