As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
- Management of the prepaid airtime portfolio to include the distribution and sales of airtime across multiple channels island wide.
- Procurement and distribution of devices and sim cards island wide to meet demand and support the subscriber goals of the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Markets Supports System- Distributors & Local teams (systems functionality, Setups, new business, TPS support etc.)
- Operational Market Support - Support on promotions and general information sharing, Merchant activities Reviews, growth & recharge optimization functions
- Channel Sales Support and enquires - Merchant & End Users
- System daily auditing - distribution trees and Money transfer & Creation, Airtime availability within the sales threshold.
- Maintenance Windows- Organise, schedule and manage the window with the provider & market.
- Testing and Preparations for new functionalities, changes or simple fixes for deployments.
- Report- Development, Analysis and reconciliations.
- Updating Markets POS numbers- Monthly update
- Systems integration setups for Retails stores -MMS/InSwitch
- KIOSKs setups (organising between kiosk provider or/and InSwitch to get kiosks functioning on InSwitch)
- Diaspora general assistance and requests
- New business and requests
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Studies, Business Admin. or related field
- 5+ years' experience within commercial telecoms/retail/online environment
- Financial/Accounting/Auditing experience
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.