The Infection Prevention and Control Manager leads the Infection Prevention and Control activities through facilitation, teamwork and collaboration using evidence based methods, knowledge of the regulatory environment and data analytics for implementing change across the DH healthcare system. The Infection Prevention and Control Manager acts as a resource across the organization to provide timely data analytics and feedback for Infection diseases management, metrics, facilitates teams engaged in improvement efforts, collaborates with leaders and staff, and is competent in team training, data analysis, and external/public regulation & reporting.
- Monitor and investigate known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and contain potential outbreak.
- Review sterilization and disinfection techniques and recommend changes as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on data trends and analysis.
- Responsible for facilitating change management processes across the organization. Demonstrates competency in evidence based improvement methods (PDCA, Lean).
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of publicly reported infectious illnesses and diseases. Identify gaps in compliance, collaborates with leadership to lead improvement by facilitating team process and working closely with executive management and other leaders.
- Develops action plans and follow-up monitoring processes for improvement efforts related to Infection Prevention and Control.
- Demonstrates competency in regulatory laws, rules and regulations - specifically Joint Commission, Bahamas Ministry of Health, Public Health Authority, and other external agencies.
- Demonstrates competence in database/registry management and oversight.
- Contributes to policy development and approval process.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Microbiology Degree required
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Business, or related field required
- RN/BSN Degree preferred
- Masters Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business preferred
- At least 3-5 healthcare related experience required
- At least 3-5 years experience in Infection Control and Prevention preferred
- At least 2-5 years experience in clinical Nursing preferred.
- Infection Control and Epidemiology certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in interacting with a variety of staff and leadership.
- Brings energy and skills together to facilitate change.
- High degree of autonomy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage complex projects, multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Competent to perform database management, data entry and analysis of patterns and trends.
- Database, computer skills required. Competent in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrates advanced communication skills and abilities.
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders, physicians and leaders.