The Analyst/ Programmer I is responsible for the definition, development, documentation, testing and deployment, and maintenance of strategic business applications, software, services and interfaces, to support the business requirements in accordance with design specifications and the I.T. solution delivery framework.
1. Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software dependent projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing group systems.
2. Meet with Business Users and Systems Owners to define business requirements and system goals.
3. Develop solutions and interfaces based on agreed upon specifications and business, functional and technical requirements according to the Group Solutions Delivery framework.
4. Document solution components according to defined standards and maintain version control over all developed components and associated documentation.
5. Test program modifications and newly developed programs according to specifications using approved testing standards
6. Document all programming activities and results creating operational and user documentation using approved documentation standards.
7. Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
• 5 CXC/CSEC passes including Mathematics and English Language
• 2 A Level/CAPE subjects
• First degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institute.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two (2) years’ experience in an Information Technology department completing programming type project
• Knowledge of COBIT and ITIL Change Management standard.
• Competence in programming for Ingenium 6.0.
• Competence in SQL scripting
• Ability to use one or more development languages and web frameworks (.NET C#, PHP, ASP.NET, Node.JS with angular JS)
KEY SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
• Work Ethic
• Serving People
• Problem Solving/ Analytical Skills
• Job Knowledge/ Skills
• Planning/ Organizing/ Flexibility
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Team Orientation
The Analyst/ Programmer I must be able to deal with uncertainty and maintain a calm disposition in highly stressful situations. He/She must be logical, meticulous and extremely detail oriented. He/She must also be able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.