IDB Lab – Creative Strategist - Communications Sr. Specialist
IDB Lab – Creative Strategist
Important: Please verify you hold citizenship in one of the IADB’s 48 member countries.
Background: As the innovation lab of the IDB Group, IDB Lab mobilizes financing, knowledge, and connections to promote innovation for inclusion in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). IDB Lab co-creates innovative private sector solutions to improve the lives of those who are poor and vulnerable due to economic, social, or environmental factors in the LAC region. IDB Lab has a high tolerance to risk and employs an array of flexible various finance instruments ranging from grants to equity.
Our Team: The Strategy and Impact Unit supports IDB Lab in the development of strategy, connections, and knowledge, as well as impact measurement and reporting. The unit is searching for a senior creative strategist to own the process of creative design and communication of initiatives with key partners. With a view to multiply its impact in LAC, and better leverage the synergies of the IDB Group, IDB Lab is in the process of consolidating its value proposition, exploring new and strategic approaches for financing, and growing the impact of its operational model.
Generating a potent and unified narrative from the different initiatives deployed by IDB Lab, and finding creative ways of sharing and amplifying that narrative with key internal and external stakeholders will be fundamental for the future success of IDB Lab and its ambitions to amplify the IDB Group’s impact in the region through innovation. To support this process of strategic development, IDB Lab is looking for a specific profile that combines creative savviness and a strategic approach.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate communications efforts with internal clients. Lead communication strategies with all internal audiences. Ensure effective communication approaches, including the development of all creative visual and other communication materials for IDB Donors, IDB Group Senior Management, and other strategic internal clients. Develop proactive engagement strategies to address key partner needs and concerns.
- Lead all aspects of IDB Lab’s CEO’s participation in key engagements. Lead the preparation of IDB Lab CEO’s participation in key regional and global events, including the development of all creative, visual, and other communications materials. Ensure that the participation uses IDB Lab’s key messages, IDB Group key messages, and ensure efforts are closely coordinated with that of other parts of the IDB Group.
- Support the development of business strategy. Work with IDB Lab’s CEO and Leadership Team to develop a creative approach for all major strategy initiatives (e.g. the 2022-2024 Business Plan, Annual Work Program and Budget, new operational proposals by Discovery and Investment units). Support IDB Lab CEO and the Leadership Team in developing a unified, coherent, messaging that reinforces its mandate and key development priorities. Work with the impact team to develop modern, creative ways of presenting IDB Lab’s impact to its Donors Committee and to key audiences. Work to align IDB Lab’s strategic concepts with the IDB Group’s strategic vision (vision 2025).
- Support the market deployment of key finance, connections and knowledge products. Manage creative processes, from concept to completion, of the development and deployment of client-facing connections and knowledge products. Work with teams leading key connections (e.g. Digital platforms, IDB Lab Forum, WeXchange), and client-facing knowledge products to develop and pilot monetization of these offerings. Work with DIS and INV teams on the creative process associated with the market testing and launch of new products and services. Work with KIC and outside vendors to develop strategies to deploy new connections and knowledge products, as appropriate.
- Support IDB Lab’s organizational change processes. Manage creative processes, from concept to completion, of all internal change management initiatives, with specific emphasis on IDB Lab’s digital transformation. Overseeing the creative approach to support the change management campaigns associated with key digital projects. Oversee the creative process associated with the implementation of more effective working and organizational approaches within IDB Lab.
- Support the development and strengthening of our brand. Provide thought leadership and evangelism around how our brand lives in LAC and the world. Work with other functional areas to articulate brand values, develop brand stories, and cultivate organizational brand culture with KIC to ensure coherent and consistent application of IDB Lab’s visual identity system across internal and external products/initiatives. Work with KIC on all branding and communication aspects of IDB Lab, ensuring compliance and coherence with IDB Group’s approach and practices regarding branding.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent post-graduate degree in one of the following fields: Marketing, Communications, Behavioral Sciences, International Development, International Relations, or another related field.
- Experience: You have a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in strategy, and communications. Experience in driving brand strategy work and operationalizing the output across an organization. You also have relevant experience in development organizations.
- Languages: You are proficient (written and oral) in both English and Spanish. Knowledge of other official IDB Lab language (French and/or Portuguese) is a plus.
Link to Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Link to Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Type of Contract: Fixed term
Length of Contract: 3 years
Location: IDB headquarters in Washington, DC, USA
Supervisor: IDB Lab Strategy and Impact Unit Chief
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
A candidate has been pre-identified for this position and may apply. However, this remains a competitive process and other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be duly considered.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service. In the event, the selected candidate cannot relocate to the post of duty, the start date may have to be postponed or temporary work agreement ratified, ad-hoc, in accordance with business needs and applicable policies, with the view of having the candidate physically present in the post of duty by July 1 at the latest, should travel regulations permit it.
- External Opening Date: Jun 2, 2021
- External Closing Date: Jun 16, 2021
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- Job Field: Communications
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.