Director of Supply Chain Operations Aid and Relief Programs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director of Supply Chain Operations’ prime objective will be to lead a team managing the warehousing operations for the USG President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Population and Reproductive Health (PRH), and Maternal and Child Health (MCH), the Global Fund and UN agencies.
The warehouse management services will be for health commodities requiring cold chain and non-cold chain storage such as antiretroviral medicines, antimalarial medicines, Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs), contraceptives, long-lasting insecticide-treated bed nets, laboratory reagents, laboratory consumables, and other health-related commodities.
These services will be provided in an existing 60,000 square feet (≈ 5,400 square meters) warehouse, located in Port-of-Prince.
The warehouse is used as the main distribution center for the health facilities across Haiti.
Approximately 600 delivery points for the poor and vulnerable people are serviced annually.
Once the target KPIs are met for the existing operations, the Director will be responsible for developing our services with other programs and to provide last mile distribution services.
We seek a candidate capable of meeting best-in-class service levels, to achieve industry standards for Good Storage Practices, (for cold chain and non-cold chain), and the ability to grow our capabilities to satisfy the needs of the various programs in Haiti.
The lives of people might depend on the decision made in managing our operations.
Therefore, anticipation, proactivity, good stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability are paramount.
The responsibilities of the Director of Supply Chain Operations will be to:
- Manage a team including a Warehouse Manager, an Administrative Manager and staff, a Pharmacist, a QHSE manager, pickers, checkers, handlers, and temporary staff when needed;
- Supervise all operations including receiving, put away, storage pick, pack, ship of health products;
- Ensure that operations are compliant with WHO recommendations, Good Storage Practices for cold chain and non-cold chain, local regulatory requirements and meet international warehousing standards;
- Oversee all cycle counts and wall-to-wall inventories, to ensure quantities in the WMS and in the warehouse match;
- Monitor the performance, ensure that the target KPIs are met and, in case of any deviation, corrective actions are put in place swiftly;
- Organize regular reviews and reports to be shared with the key stakeholders.
This position is subject to the award of a local contract and will be based in Port-au-Prince.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain management or another relevant diploma.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in supply chain/logistics operations, specifically in inventory management and distribution, with the last experience in a team management position.
- Prior working experience in Haiti or another developing country for health programs or in managing a pharmaceutical warehouse would be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products.
- Leadership, integrity, capacity to work and communicate efficiently with various stakeholders are essential qualities for this position.
International and Haitian candidates are encouraged to apply.
The compensation package will be commensurate with the qualification, experience and results of the selected candidate.
Bolloré Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About Bolloré Transport & Logistics
Bolloré Transport & Logistics is a major international transport and logistics operator with 35,000 employees across 109 countries on 6 continents. We are active in 4 businesses: Bolloré Logistics, Bolloré Ports, Bolloré Energy and Bolloré Railways. With our integrated information systems we offer complete visibility on all operations throughout the entire supply chain. Our presence across developing countries and especially in Africa is unique. In creating jobs, training local staff, employing local entrepreneurs, and investing in new infrastructures, we contribute to the development of local economies.
As the leading partner of international aid organizations and with our dedicated teams, we pride ourselves in supporting the supply chain of programs focusing on the food, health, education, water sanitation, and energy needs of local populations. In Haiti, where we already operate a port terminal with a local partner, we seek a Director of Supply Chain Operations to manage and develop our activities in support of local aid and relief programs.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Bolloré Transport & Logistics is a major international transport and logistics operator with 35,000 employees across 109 countries on 6 continents. O...