Youth Development Specialist, USAID/Haiti Education and Resilience Activity
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s International Development Division (IDD) strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women's empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. The IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
AIR is seeking a Youth Development Specialist to work on a USAID-funded education and resilience project in Haiti. This activity will address the education needs of learners aged 5 to 18 years, focusing on the resilience focus zones. The project seeks to incorporate new, innovative solutions on how to improve equitable access to quality education, including ensuring the continuity of learning for all children in Haiti, by reinforcing the resilience of the education at the learner, school, institution, and institution levels.
- Develop and implement the project’s gender, and social inclusion approach and advise the project team on youth development strategies
- Ensure that project encourages youth leadership and experiential learning, as well as adult approachability.
- Support mainstreaming gender and youth considerations into technical assessments and analysis
- Develop and promote strategies to engage youth in service delivery and social accountability
- Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to develop and implement youth responsive MEL systems across project activities
- Ensure that youth are engaged in decision making, management, and leadership
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff and partners on youth integration and inclusion approaches
- Develop materials and process for specific areas as needed for the effective integration of youth in all major project areas
- Provide oversight to all partners on youth programming, technical and vocational work and other efforts to engage out-of-school youth
- A bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, economic development or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience in mainstreaming youth initiatives/programs within national, sub-national, and community-based organizations and networks
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on youth issues and youth integration in local decision-making processes and techniques
- Experience working with technical and vocational programs
- Experience working with out-of-school youth populations
- Experience and understanding of the positive youth development approach
- Strong understanding of the Haitian context
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills focused on effective youth indicators and data collection considerations
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integration youth considerations into program
- USAID experience preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken French and Creole (required), and English (preferred)
Haitian locals are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Taliba Boone at [email protected] or call 202.403.5000.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world.