Deputy Chief of Party - Programs, Haiti Integrated Health Service Delivery
This job is no longer accepting applications.
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Deputy Chief of Party – Head of Programs for a four-to-five-year USAID funded Integrated Health Service Delivery program. This project will deliver health services such as Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; HIV/AIDS; Family Planning and Reproductive Health from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities.
The DCOP – Head of Programs will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in design and implementation of program components and project activities. S/he will oversee the local technical team and short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
- Recommending to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
- Participating in diagnostic and training needs assessment
- Assisting the COP to find and implement solutions to keep program activities on track and providing overall guidance and direction focusing on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives;
- Assisting the COP in preparing weekly, quarterly and other reports for USAID or home office;
- Editing documents prepared by local staff to ensure that they are native-English quality and appropriate USAID/DAI format;
- Ensuring that program activities and successes are appropriately recorded and shared within DAI;
- Assisting the COP to investigate and identify new ways of achieving program efficiencies;
- Assisting the COP in coordinating with the USAID Agreement Officer Representative (AOR) and other USAID field staff in implementing the terms of reference of the contract
- Prior Deputy Chief of Party (Team Leader or Project Director) experience leading and managing complex projects
- At least ten to fifteen years’ experience related to implementation of projects in lower – middle – income economies
- An advanced degree in Public Health or related field, MD preferred
- Sound understanding of health service delivery, MNCH, HIV, TB, and community health
- Sound understanding of the health system in Haiti
- Substantial prior experience working on USAID-funded projects, and knowledge of USAID operations, priorities, and programming
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Demonstrated strategic leadership abilities
- Fluent in English, and fluent in either French or Haitian Creole preferred
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Global development professionals. Dedicated to shaping a more livable world. Learning how every day. #globaldev