Technical Director, Improved Health Service Delievry (IHSD), Port au Prince
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International is an independent non-profit research firm in the United States. We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development. Our programs emphasize sustainability, bringing partners in government together with foundations, donor organizations, the private sector, and academic institutions.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Health Service Delivery activity in Haiti. This anticipated activity aims to deliver health services from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities. These services are to include: 1) Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; 2) HIV/AIDS; and 3) Family Planning and Reproductive Health (e.g., services, counseling, & commodities). These services will be rendered both at facility levels and within the community through mobile clinics and community health workers and will also include higher level services such as integrated management of newborn and child illness, and basic emergency obstetric and newborn care. Additionally, it is envisioned that the activity will have a cross-cutting component ensuring integration and collaboration among all health services, monitoring and evaluation, community participation/health system strengthening and capacity building; and coordination with the Government of Haiti through the Ministry of Health, local NGOs, and other partners to develop a deliberate transition plan (and timeframe) to reduce humanitarian assistance to the Government of Haiti. The activity is expected to build on previous and on-going USAID/Haiti interventions.
The Technical Director will have primary responsibility for overseeing, supporting, and mentoring the technical teams to achieve the project’s stated goals. With the Chief of Party (COP), the Technical Director will be responsible for ensuring that the technical assistance provided under the project is strategic, coherent, and consistent and supports the achievement of project objectives. The position will be based with RTI in Port-au-Prince and local travel will be required. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- In close collaboration with the COP, provides technical direction and leadership of the project.
- Develops and adapts technical strategies, approaches, and activities to achieve objectives, and applies and contextualizes global best practices and learning to the Haitian setting.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of regionally dispersed staff. Directly supervises technical leads.
- Takes a leadership role in work planning and implementation of program activities by working in close collaboration with the COP and ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensures coordination and collaboration with other USAID implementing partners and cross-sector programs, as appropriate, at the subnational level.
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Master’s degree or higher in international studies, public policy, public health, international development or a related field, with at least twelve 10 years of experience in international health programming; or bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in senior level management positions and experience leading large and complex health projects.
- Demonstrated credibility as a leader on matters of designing, implementing, and strengthening health systems with a focus on capacity building of local stakeholders and health governance.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-sectoral programming and build partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging partners and managing multi-partner collaboration in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and decentralized branch/field offices.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Fluency in French (equivalent R4/S4), written and spoken required, with working proficiency in English (equivalent to R2/S2). Fluency in Creole desired.
- Work experience in Haiti is strongly preferred.
- Haitian citizens/nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.