Journeyman Concrete Finisher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
For those up for the challenge, this may be the most difficult, fulfilling, and rewarding work you will ever do. Join us in bringing the benefits of tilt up construction to the nation of Haiti and give those living in extreme poverty a better future.
Join the Extollo International team and gain a unique opportunity to equip Haitians in the construction industry through the development and construction of tilt up concrete houses. Extollo International is a social-good business that operates a construction training center in Haiti and is in the process of introducing tilt up technology to Haiti by first developing and building prototype concrete tilt-up houses.
We’re looking for a person of high character who loves adventure, is experienced in concrete, and who enjoys working with their hands to teach and equip others so they can reach their potential. This person will work with Sherman Balch of Balch Enterprises, a 29-year member of the Tilt-Up Concrete Association and a recipient of The Peter Courtois Memorial Award.
Extollo offers a compensation package that includes comfortable housing, all utilities including internet, 24-hour security, free lunch each weekday, use of an Extollo vehicle (shared), and a modest salary. Those semi retired or fully retired may find this to be a great opportunity to share their experience with those who need it the most. We prefer a 60 day to 6 month commitment, but we are open to other arrangements for the right person(s).
- Role: Journeyman Concrete finisher
- Project: Develop and oversee concrete/rebar place and finish crew for tilt-up construction
- Skills: Concrete place and finish, rebar, applying bond breaker, concrete polishing, mentoring and teaching with patience, humility, and a commitment to excellence.
- Task: Place and finish rebar and concrete for Metal Fabrication Facility, Bathroom building. and tilt-up projects
- Duration: 4 to 10 weeks
- Notes: This could be two different people working as a team sharing time in Haiti. Haitian crew will be composed of the students that have completed Level 1 training. This will be for hands on experience, to develop skills and look for potential concrete leaders/trainers.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Unleashing Haiti’s potential to build a stronger future by training a construction workforce of character and capability.