Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist, Final Performance Evaluation for USAID/ Haiti ’s AREA activity
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist, Final Performance Evaluation for USAID/Haiti’s AREA activity
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services crosscut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a final performance evaluation of USAID/Haiti’s five-year, AREA activity to inform possible future similar agriculture programming Lessons learned, and recommendations provided through the final report at the end of the evaluation process, should guide future agricultural research and extension programming in Haiti .
Haiti ESS is seeking an expat or Haitian Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist consultant to lead all technical and management aspects of the AREA evaluation. The Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist will be expected to work closely with the SI headquarters project management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The evaluation level of effort is approximately 8 – 12 weeks, inclusive of three to four consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis in Haiti.
- Manage and lead the evaluation team in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of deliverables.
- Coordinate the evaluation implementation.
- Assign evaluation responsibilities and tasks among team members.
- Provide oversight on the data collection and analysis, ensuring data quality.
- Take ultimate responsibility for writing all reports associated with the project including, but not limited to the evaluation design (including tools) as well as the draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations, and the scope of work.
- Manage all deadlines and record maintenance—including, but not limited to, producing notes for all qualitative data collection events for delivery to USAID.
- Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff with strategic and operational planning to implement the approved work plan.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in agronomy, statistics, political science, public administration, or other relevant discipline.
- Documented track record of 10 years’ experience in leading and supporting evaluations and/or assessments and organizational skills necessary to successfully manage and coordinate a technical team.
- Expertise in qualitative methodologies (interviews, focus group discussions, etc.) to collect the required data in a timely manner.
- Strong background in agriculture, governance, capacity building, and institutional development.
- Ability to understand agriculture research and extension systems and know how to foster relationships with diverse local counterparts, including government representatives, small business, civil society organizations, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French.
- Sound knowledge of Haitian social, agriculture economic, and political dynamics, preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We are a leading Development Management Firm focused on advancing development effectiveness. Our services include Monitoring, Evaluation and Capacity ...