Governance and Gender Equity Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Governance and Gender Equity Specialist,
Haiti Agri-food Value Chain Strengthening Activity
Cayes, South, Haiti
RTI International is seeking a Governance and Gender Equity Specialist to integrate an agri-food value chain project in maize and beans in the South. The project objective is to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmer families in the South of Haiti, with a focus on women and youth. The position will report to both RTI and Project COP and will be based in Les Cayes, Haiti.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s governance strategy on local economic development, including the adaptation and development of tools and approaches to support the strategy;
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the integration of governance and gender approaches across program activities;
- Identify target groups through social assessments, ensure participatory wealth ranking and social mapping is conducted and stakeholders involved understand the importance of such assessments;
- Build coalitions of stakeholders and moderate working groups around common advocacy themes like: awareness raising and engaging local actors, accountability mechanisms, participatory planning for effective service delivery, stakeholder dialogue for local enterprises and partnerships;
- Assess the representation and active participation of women and disadvantaged groups in project -related stakeholder groups (such as community and local governance bodies) and make recommendations for improving participation in project activities that lead to positive outcomes for these groups;
- Support development of gender equity sensitive behavior change communication activities and messages.
- Work with senior project management to raise awareness and capacity of project staff on issues related to gender and governance;
- Provide guidance and support to field level staff for promotion of inclusion, and ensure capacity is built at local level to sustain change;
- Produce reports to assess whether the gender equity and governance objectives are being met;
- Support partners in mainstreaming gender equity, transparency in their policies, management systems and programs and provide training and education in implementing the policies
Qualifications and experience:
- Masters degree in social sciences, political science, social development or bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of experience designing and implementing governance strategies for projects, including in Haiti;
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide and implement governance work;
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, community groups, and other program partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in gender equity, social inclusion activities in Haiti;
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team;
- Experience building staff and stakeholder capacity and training in governance and gender issues;
- Experience with large donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French, Creole, and English.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of interest to [email protected].
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for submission of applications is 12 April 2021.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Connecting local and international aspirations