WASH Specialist (Disaster Preparedness), Port au Prince
This job is no longer accepting applications.
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
Since 2017, UNICEF implement a Disaster Preparedness Project funded by ECHO and other donors. After four years of implementation, and based on lessons learnt, the project will be implemented jointly with IOM and will include new components such as: a rapid response mechanism, strengthening coordination with the Civil Protection and Water and Sanitation authorities, harmonization of contingency plan and temporary evacuation shelters norms, among others.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief WASH, the incumbent will manage the Disaster Preparedness Project for UNICEF. He/she will provide technical, operational and administrative assistance related to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project that contribute to the Output 5 of the UNICEF Haiti WASH country programme.
Management of the project, jointly with IOM:
- Develop / revise the proposal and work plan to clearly identify best strategies to achieve expected results.
- Establish a jointly work plan with IOM.
- Periodically review (every quarter) the work plan and make the necessary adjustments to achieve the objectives.
Coordination with governmental and non-governmental organizations:
- Identify coordination mechanisms for DP in Haiti and insert the programme coordination within these mechanisms.
- Establish contacts and keep sound partnership with key DP actors.
- Regularly participate and/or facilitate coordination activities
Development of partnerships and supervise project implementation:
- Develop partnership agreements with implementing partners.
- Regularly coordinate and supervise project implementation and provide technical assistance to achieve expected results.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Establish a M&E system for the project and ensure this is functional and well understood by the implementing partners.
- Periodically conduct learning activities and adapt le project based on lessons learnt.
- Produce a monthly follow-up report on key indicators and the progress of activities.
Donor relations and reporting:
- Under the supervision of the Chief of WASH, maintain a sound partnership with donors keeping them regularly informed about the project.
Contribute to donors' reports.
- Contribute to sector analysis and UNICEF WASH programme in Haiti by identifying of priorities, strategies and best approaches.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
- Advanced university degree (Master's or higher) in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Social Sciences, Project Management, Public Health, or a field relevant to international WASH and Disaster Preparedness related development assistance.
- At least five years of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector, including at least 1 year in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required;
- Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness, response and resilience (and the IASC Cluster approach);
- Professional experience in project management would be an asset;
- Experiences in the target areas of the project and in responses to emergency and humanitarian situations;
- Gender skills and gender sensitive data management, an asset;
- Excellent reporting, reporting, email, writing, project execution and communication skills;
- Ability and availability to go to the field (sometimes making difficult journeys) and to work in a restrictive environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and / or in an emergency;
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multidisciplinary team;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluency in French and English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies :Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1), Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2), Works Collaboratively with others (2), Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2), Innovates and Embraces Change (2), Thinks and Acts Strategically (2), Drives to achieve impactful results (2), Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are: Analyzing (3), Applying technical expertise (3), Deciding and Initiating action (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF's values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Haiti is a NON-FAMILY duty station with a Rest and Recuperation cycle of eight weeks.
Advertised: Mar 19 2021 Eastern Daylight Time Application close: Apr 01 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children's lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from ear...