Tuberculosis Monitoring and Evaluation and Global Fund Grant Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SUSTAINING TECHNICAL AND ANALYTIC RESOURCES
STAR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Sustaining Technical and Analytic Resources (STAR) is a project of the Public Health Institute (PHI) in partnership with the Johns Hopkins University (JHU) and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), supported by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). STAR is a Global Health talent hub. Through fellowships, internships, and strategic partnerships, STAR supports building the capacity of diverse global health professionals and organizations at all levels to make inclusive, collaborative, and innovative contributions to global health. STAR participants collaborate in the development of systems and tools that strengthen and sustain the local and global health response. https://www.ghstar.org/ Sign up with our listserv.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The STAR Fellowship is a two-year global health and learning opportunity with:
- Individualized, tailored support to enhance the fellow’s achievement personal and professional goals.
- Personalized learning plans and access to learning resources (courses, conferences, mentoring) based on fellow’s learning style and preferences.
- Access to broad professional networks to enhance peer learning and knowledge sharing.
FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
STAR is a key component of the USAID Administrator's TB Accelerator to reach the UN General Assembly TB Declaration targets as well as build the capacity and commitment of the host governments to ensure TB self-reliance through evidence-based TB programs. USAID is in the forefront of global tuberculosis (TB) leadership and support to high burden TB countries.
The Tuberculosis Monitoring and Evaluation and Global Fund Grant Advisor (Advisor) will support the National TB Program of Haiti in improving the capacity of NTP to effectively implement Global Fund (GF) grants and support the effective implementation and scale up of TB and M/XDR-TB activities. Additionally, the Advisor will identify programmatic bottlenecks proposes and facilitates solutions through coordinated technical assistance, as well as support the country to leverage additional resources for TB prevention and care.
The Advisor must have strong M&E capacity to ensure the integration of M&E into NTP National Strategic Plan, collect reports and analyze information on TB control activities, ensure timely and complete reporting from all districts and in-country implementation partners in accordance with approved NTP reporting formats. The Advisor will monitor and evaluate progress towards action plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators; preparing and contributing to all progress reports; collecting, analyzing data for NTP annual M&E plan and using the data to improve program performance; and adapting and implementing tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making.
The Advisor will be based at the Ministry of Health within the National TB Program (NTP) in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. They will work closely with and receive technical direction from the NTP Manager, who will serve as their Point of Contact (POC).
Essential Duties and Outcomes:
Improved NTP capacity to implement GF grants:
- Provide TA to develop and critically review the GF grant annual work plan and budgets, with particular emphasis on any needs for reprogramming to meet GF targets.
- Consult with existing stakeholders on needed TA to effectively implement the TB GF grant.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of grant implementation through field visits.
- Review and analyze performance reports submitted to the GF and other partners.
- Proactively identify any issues that may lead to disbursement delays.
- Assist the National TB Program with any follow-up actions on grant conditions/Conditions Precedents.
- Support in developing monitoring tools and dashboards for reaching programmatic indicators. (GF, WHO and national indicators).
- Build capacity and provide technical assistance for program staff to carry out efficient and effective monitoring and evaluation.
- Advice the program on ways of improving performance using information obtained from the monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Strengthen the monitoring and evaluation system for the TB program including revision of data collection tools.
- Provide targeted technical assistance to the NTP to enhance financial management systems and processes for managing funds accountably and effectively.
- Contribute to improving overall M&E systems, by assisting NTP to improve data quality assurance mechanisms, effective supportive supervision and use of digital solutions.
- Guide the development and maintenances of databases for M&E.
Improved program performance as a result of efficient and effective scale up of M/XDR-TB activities:
- Support NTP to scale up of quality laboratory system in the country, including GeneXpert and DST tools.
- Support NTP to improve TB and MDR-TB case finding, implement new and innovative approaches and systems to increase case detection.
- Assist NTP in preparation for introduction of new drugs and regimens in the country, with a focus on clinical management, training and care delivery.
- Identify programmatic bottlenecks and facilitate technical assistance.
- Through collaboration with NTP and partners identify programmatic gaps which may require additional technical assistance.
Improved reporting and coordination of monitoring and evaluation:
- Liaise with USAID, GF and other donors and international partners on planning and provision of needed TA.
- Assist in developing quarterly and annual programmatic narrative reports.
- Assist NTP in coordination of TB activities among program partners, including supporting the NTP to liaise with domestic and international partners, and assisting the NTP to organize regular (at least quarterly) partners meetings.
- Design and implement performance monitoring plan for TB program.
- Take the lead in conducting program evaluations for NTP.
- Develop periodic monitoring and evaluation plans and budgets for the NTP.
- Support the formulation of key performance indicators for the program.
- Support NTP in resolving problems at regional and District level that hinder the effective and efficient implementation of the TB M&E activities.
- Help organize regular discussions among the GF, NTP, and USAID to ensure alignment of technical approaches in the respective TB portfolios.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards national strategic plan, annual work plans, and expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators.
- Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, inception report, and ad-hoc technical reports for MoH, GF and USAID funding in accordance to the required formats.
- Participate in M&E forum in the Ministry and among Partners.
- Provide regular updates, such as p reparing periodical performance reports, submitting progress report twice annually and a monitoring and evaluation report to USAID staff. Participate in regular conference calls with USAID staff as needed.
- Travel as necessary and to be determined by NTP and USAID.
Anticipated learning outcomes: approximate 10% time
- Apply M&E and TB knowledge to strengthen program.
- Apply and distinguish international standards within technical/content area to support programming.
- Cultivate leadership skills based on the STAR GH mentorship curriculum to effectively facilitate capacity building and knowledge sharing activities amongst staff and peers.
- Expand access to knowledge and resources through networking and collaborative practice within global health.
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD, or MD) in a health-related field required.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and managing TB in developing countries with master's degree or a minimum of 9 years of the above-mentioned experience with bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of experience with or good knowledge of Global Fund operating procedures and financial management processes (proposal development and submission, monitoring and evaluation, PSM plan and reporting).
- Demonstrated skills with database design, MS Access, Excel, Epi-info, SPSS and STATA.
- Clear understanding of Global fund, USAID and GOU reporting processes for TB, TB/HIV programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing successful teams comprised of experienced professionals.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, program management, strategic planning, policy experience and problem-solving skills working on complex projects in a highly sensitive environment are required.
- Demonstrated technical capacity in financial management required.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of local and USG personnel and partners and have demonstrated skills in donor coordination and collaboration.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to achieve consensus on policy, program and administrative matters is a must.
Additional skills (preferred)
- Proven knowledge and experience with M&E on public health and health services of at least 3 to 5 years with experience in Haiti preferred.
- Experience with USAID-funded public health programs preferred.
- Working knowledge of French.
All applicants are required to apply for this position through STAR’s online recruitment system at https://www.ghstar.org/, which allows you to store your CV/resume and separate cover letter describing your qualifications and experience, interest and familiarity with issues relating to this position, and how this position relates to your career goals is required for each application. The position will remain open until filled.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Sustaining Technical and Analytical Resources (STAR) is a project of the Public Health Institute (PHI) in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Universit...