Call for Experts - Caribbean Energy Initiative (CEI) Energy Sector Reform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT seeks applications for long-term and short-term positions under the anticipated USAID Caribbean Energy Initiative's (CEI) Regional Energy Sector Reform Project. The initiative will seek to build energy sector resilience throughout the region with a focus on (1) reducing electricity prices, (2) increasing quality service, and (3) enhancing the ability of electricity systems in the Caribbean to withstand shocks. CEI is expected to be based in, or around, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
This is expected to be a five-year activity based in, or around, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. ECODIT seeks qualified candidates to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Energy, Engineering, or other relevant field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience working on donor funded activities (experience supporting USAID projects preferred);
- Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Energy Sector Governance
- Energy Sector Reform
- Energy Sector Planning and Operation
- Energy Market Access
- Demand-Side Management
- Renewable/Sustainable Energy
- Engineering & Infrastructure
- Rural Electrification
- Energy Generation, Distribution and/or Transmission
- Energy Sector Financing
- Tariffs and Cost-Planning
- Private Sector Engagement
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Utility Operations and Management
- Power Sector Reform
- Energy Sector Resilience
- Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Emerging Technology
- Communications and Outreach
- Information & Knowledge Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Gender & Social Inclusion
- Project Management
- Operations & Logistics
- Procurement, Contracts and Grants Management (previous experience with Grants Under Contract preferred)
- Finance and Administration/Human Resources
- Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrable understanding of regional energy/utility sector activities in at least one of the countries in the Caribbean (e.g., Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, etc.)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish, French, or another relevant language/dialect.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Advancing responsible management and use of water, energy and environmental resources worldwide.