Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor, Port-au-Prince
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Health Technical Advisor will provide clear strategic direction for the delivery of the health response, working closely with the PDQ staff and particularly with Food Security and Livelihoods coordinator to ensure an integrated public health response.
Support or lead health security and prevention of staff and compliance with guidance related with COVID 19 pandemic and any other emerging health threat.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Ensure that the delivery of primary health care interventions, are of a quality standard by working closely with Health team.
- This role will also involve representation of the organization in various forums including Health Sector Working Group, Health SAG and the SRH working group.
- Ensure all SC programs align to and contribute to the Government of Haiti’s development plans and global context
- Identify strategic fundraising leads and concepts, identify, and nurture funding opportunities to ensure adequate resources are secured.
- Ensure the integration of cross cutting issues into design and implementation including gender, social inclusion, non-discrimination, child participation and child safeguarding
- Support or lead health security and prevention of staff and compliance with guidance related with COVID 19 pandemic and any other emerging health threat. Oversee SC Haiti’s operational research to ensure children are supported through evidence-based programs and that research informs advocacy.
- Develop a culture, focus on quality in the PDQ team, and ensure appropriate staffing, and the recruitment, training and promotion of staff as appropriate.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Interview process for selected candidates may start while advert is still active.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We're calling on world leaders to #ProtectAGeneration to ensure children survive, learn and are protected.