This job is no longer accepting applications.
Duty Station: Port-au-Prince (Haiti)
Period: 1 year (renewable)
Aim of the position: The Operation Manager assures efficiency and efficacy in all operations within the country. Shehe assures compliance (accountability) with AVSI’s internal policies and procedures, and according to those provided by the Donors. The Operation Manager performs each activity according to the Code of Ethics in line with AVSI Mission, Values and Method and shares the organizational culture with colleagues, beneficiaries and all stakeholders. Heshe is a role model in understating, sharing and adhering to AVSI core values and behaviors (focusing on transparency, integrity, accountability, etc. as per AVSI Code of Ethics) and ensures their adoption and implementation.
Main tasks and responsibility:
ementation of the country programme direction and strategy in all aspect related to operations (administration/finance, logistic and HR);
– Collaborate with HR at the Country level for administrative issue related to employment and under the supervision of the Country Representative;
– Developing and implementing annual departmental plans in line with the country annual plan and measuring performance against key indicators;
– Comply and support the implementation and correct application in all AVSI offices and field bases of all Procedures and guidelines and actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions;
– Under the supervision of the Country Representative heshe is the liaison with HR at the local level for the administrative aspect of employment;
– Represent AVSI in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media) when requested by the Country Representative;
– Promote the technical and professional growth of the Operations staff, including the staff of the peripheral offices;
– Ensure the correctness of the communication flow and the supervision of the operations implemented in the peripheral offices;
– To comply and support the implementation of all procedures and guidelines;
– To support AVSI teams in delivery of quality programmes through coordination, advice, information sharing & analysis;
– Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team and financial staff;
– Proactively contribute to programme development and strategy;
– Ensure that an overview of project spending and financial reporting is maintained;
– With the Country Director’s approval, represent AVSI to donors, local institutions and authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary;
Reporting to:AVSI Haiti Country Representative / Regional Manager Caraibes
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent;
Work experience: at least 5 years of global experience in finance / administration
at least 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context;
– At least 2 years of experience as finance/administration manager;
– Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software;
– Strong capacities of financial management and planning;
– Leadership and training skills;
– Corporate managing and organizational skills;
– Capacities of managing of external audits;
How to Apply
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Dal 1972 realizziamo progetti di cooperazione allo sviluppo, grazie a uno staff di 2.375 persone in 33 Paesi. Il payoff dice chi siamo: PeopleForDevel...