This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hopestart International is a Christian 501(c)3 non-profit organization located in Jérémie, Haïti, that exists to provide care for the orphaned and create hope for families in Haiti, through Christian motivated care, relationships, and training. Our mission is to share the love and hope of Jesus with children in Haiti by meeting critical needs and equipping the next generation.
Under the authority and supervision of the Director of Operations, the full-time employee is responsible for applying our mission and vision in the management oversight and execution of our activities between Hopestart International Children’s Home, IBESR and family members of our children. These responsibilities will include: evaluating and monitoring the service provided by the orphanage towards the children as well as developing family reintegration, reunification, and preservation plans. These requirements of Hopestart International Children’s Home in Jérémie, Haiti, are as described herein:
- Work closely with Director, Orphanage Supervisor, Jérémie Director
- Meet weekly with Directors providing updates
- Develop and implement our Family Hope vision and strategy of current care, family reconciliation, aftercare plans & family preservation
- Develop and oversee IRP’s (Individual Reunification Plans) of children in the homes
- Identify needs and arrange for psychological and social support to children and families
- Submit monthly reports regarding the welfare of the children, in both French & English
- Manage Children’s Files, updating legal records and missing documents
- Meet the parents of children as needed
- Search for local families to re-establish contact and reconciliation
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries, for possible placement of child in foster family, family counseling, and education assistance
- Provide recommendations for children which require special assistance
- Carry out social surveys of families in need
- Maintain good relationship with IBESR. Help facilitate, all activities between IBSR, parents, and Hopestart Children’s Home
- Degree & License in Social Work
- Experience working with IBESR
- Prior Experience working with children
- Kreyol, French and English
- Computer skills: Typing and document organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Conditions de travail
- As a servant of Christ and employee of Child Hope, it is understood that we should do “all things as unto the Lord.” We are role models not only to one another, but also to the children at Hopestart International. Our lives should be above reproach and reflect the fruit of the Spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. It is understood by signing this document that it is your intent and desire to live in this manner while serving at Hopestart International.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
CV, certificates of completion
Envoyer le dossier à
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Every Child Deserves Hope