Copywriter / Content strategist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone—we absorb the world’s content and help our members listen to it on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
Or, put another way: what Spotify has done for audio entertainment we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working: we’re #1 in our category, profitable, and have hockey-stick growth.
With that growth comes the need for a writer—part copywriter, part content strategist—to clean up our many experiments and mistakes and establish concise, telegraphic language for our apps, funnels, and marketing.
This is a key role and ideal for someone who thinks strategically and writes persuasively, works quickly and iteratively, and—obs—loves language.
Some of the things you’ll do:.
- Create or refine copy across iOS, Chrome, desktop, and Android apps
- Work with designers, PMs, and marketing to develop language for new products
- Establish a language framework and library so that we can scale how we talk about our products
- Help others understand the business value of concise, compelling writing that telegraphs our benefits and reinforces our brand
- Influence our process and help shape the design org
To succeed here, you’ll need:
- Experience. You’ve created language and content strategy for other start-ups
- Craft. You excel at translating strategy to accessible themes and metaphors and know how to unpack customer features, benefits, and outcomes
- Systems thinking. You know how to connect the writing for one product to another and can establish a framework to talk about them consistently and at scale
- Moxy. You’re curious, expressive, and know how to engage those around you to draw out insights and ideas to boost your product opinions.
- Speed. You work quickly to generate ideas and options and know how to decide which things can ship now and what things need time.
- Focus. We’re a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down.
- Collaboration. You know how to inspire, play, and negotiate with opinionated designers, marketers, and PMs.
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the culture
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture
Think you’re suited for this job? Drop us an email with a short intro about yourself, links to your writing portfolio and LinkedIn, and thoughts about why you’re interested in the role. [email protected] with subject line: Writer
Not looking but know someone ideal for the role? Refer them! We’ll send you (really good) chocolate if we make the hire.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Get your reading done faster, easier, and on the go. Listen to any book, document, or website with Speechify.