Senior Fleet Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Procurement & Logistics Unit and the overall supervision of the SRMO, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient transport support to all mission activities in line with IOM standard procedures rules and regulations. Specifically, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the following duties:
1. Assist in coordinating movement of all mission vehicles assigned at Port-au-Prince. Prepare daily vehicle movement schedule in coordination with program managers and heads of units.
2. Supervise the performance of duties of all drivers assigned at Port-au-Prince and the regions.
3. Registering, licensing each vehicles and make sure that licenses are always update. Implement and monitor the transport logbook system for all the vehicles. Check and validate the accuracy of the entries made into the vehicle logbooks both by the drivers and international staff members who are authorized by the Chief of Mission to drive IOM vehicles.
4. Monitor accurate record of vehicle fuel consumption and repair/maintenance cost. Submit monthly vehicle repair/maintenance cost to the Head of Logistics & Procurement Unit.
5. Ensure that all mission vehicles are kept clean (in and out), properly maintained and kept in good running condition all the time. Put in place and implement a preventive maintenance system for all mission vehicles.
6. Coordinate with Heads of Sub-Offices to ensure that vehicles assigned at the sub-offices undergo timely preventive maintenance in accordance to the standard frequency/schedule establish across the mission.
Ensure that vehicles needing repairs are promptly and properly repaired for keeping vehicles availability at peak.
7. Immediately report all problems involving transportation and dispatching to Head of Procurement and Logistics Unit and the Security Officer.
8. Ensure that all drivers, including those who are being provided by vehicle rental companies undergo proper security briefing by the Staff Security Unit before their deployment. This includes training on the use of VHF radios and other security related equipment being used by drivers. Monitor the compliance of drivers to established security advisories in coordination with the Staff Security Unit.
Maintain a file for each vehicle/equipment which should then include all specifications (procurement docs, insurances, taxes, user’s manual, Certificate of Registration, plate number certificate, repairs/maintenance record, fuel consumption record, accident reports etc.);
9. Monitor and verify all International Staff members have a valid driver’s license (preferably Haitian drivers’ license, international driver’s license and driver’s license issued by the staff member’s home country, in that order). Establish proper documentation (including keeping copy of staff member’s valid driver’s license) of assigning mission vehicles to international staff for their daily commute.
Conduct drive testing of international staff before recommending to the Head of Logistics & Procurement Unit and the Chief of Mission, the assignment of a mission vehicle to international staff for their daily commute in coordination with security unit.
10. Verify and facilitate drivers and international staff driving IOM vehicles report any accident involving the vehicle or any observation they may have on the vehicle’s performance as soon as possible.
11. Coordinate timely servicing of rented vehicles and/or provision of replacement units whenever rented vehicles are serviced or repaired.
12. Administer the Petty Cash of Fleet Management Section and ensure timely submission of petty cash liquidation reports to Finance Unit.
13. Liaise with Human Resources for the personnel administration drivers and other Fleet Management Section staff. Ensure timely completion of the SES of all staff under his supervision.
14. Perform other tasks assigned by his immediate supervisor and the mission management.
High School or Certificates in Business Administration, Logistics, Mechanics or any related subjects.
At least 6 years’ experience in a similar position; or Bachelor and 4 years of experience in relevant fields.
- Experience in staff management; previous experience with NGO or UN agency is an asset.
- Computer literate with good report writing skills needed;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word)
- Excellent inter-personal communication;
- Capacity to work as part of a team, to handle stressful situation and sometimes hostile environments;
- Capacity to respect deadlines;
- Ability to work diplomatically, with empathy and tact. Sensibility to and ability to work with people from different backgrounds are essential skills;
- Good negotiation skills and problem solving skills, good organization and good writing skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
Thorough knowledge of English and French required.
Conditions de travail
Employee, Grade Equiv. G6
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
Interested candidates should submit a CV with three (3) references and a cover letter outlining why they consider themselves a suitable candidate for this position. As the subject in your e-mail
application, kindly state your full name and the IOM vacancy notice’s reference code : SVN2021/001
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short-listed will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Envoyer le dossier à
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Migrants Play Key Role in Disaster Response, IOM Explores Diaspora’s Engagement in Humanitarian Assistance