Service Delivery/Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for positions in an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Haiti, the Improved Health Service Delivery Activity (IHSD). IHSD aims to support a stable Haiti by investing in health services, supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system. IHSD embodies strategic evidence-based strategies for Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Death and gender-based violence (GBV), respect for women and advancing to Sustainable HIV Epidemic Control, using data to make informed decisions and building local capacity to implement integrated health programs.
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Service Delivery/GESI Advisor will serve as a member of the project’s senior management team, based in Port-au-Prince with frequent travel. The Service Delivery/GESI Advisor will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic guidance on all health service delivery aspects and oversee the integration of gender sensitive and inclusive programming across the Activity’s objectives. The Service Delivery/GESI Advisor will play a crucial role in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and evaluation of such activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities related to service delivery and improving access to quality services for women survivors of GBV.
• Advise the COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert.
• Develop recommendations and strategies toward establishing referral mechanisms and service provision plan to help achieve key activity goals, integrating with other engagement and capacity building strategies as needed;
• Lead the integration of gender transformative lens in creation of annual work plans and participates in the monitoring of work plans against indicators;
• Collaboratively develops responsive, realistic and high-quality plans to build the capacity of staff and local partners on GBV and gender transformative programming;
• Leads development or adaptation of programming tools around GBV prevention and GBV response/services;
• Advise changes and improvements to improve the content, quality and supervision of services in both primary and secondary service delivery contexts and take responsibility for implementation.
• Work with health care providers, local authorities (ministry of Social Affairs and Ministry of Women Conditions???), community members, and other key stakeholders to identify both clinical and behavioral service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services.
• Using a collaborative style of working, communicate effectively with objective leads, partners, and supervisors and contribute directly to monitoring and evaluation reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification requirements include the following:
• Master’s degree in Public Health, Gender/Women’s Studies, social work, international development, or other relevant fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Strong knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, procedures and reporting requirements;
• Minimum of 8 years of experience improving access to health service delivery;
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in planning, implementation and monitoring of gender programing to prevent GBV or promote gender equity;
• Experience facilitating trainings and workshops focusing on improving service delivery and/or gender sensitive and inclusive programming.
• Professional experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, small NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders;
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in French and English;
• Working knowledge of Haitian Creole is highly desired.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
CV and cover letter
Envoyer le dossier à
To be considered for a position, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] and write “Service Delivery/GESI Advisor” in the subject line.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Bold Thinkers Driving Real-World Impact