Results Based Financing (RBF) Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for positions in an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Haiti, the Improved Health Service Delivery Activity (IHSD). IHSD aims to support a stable Haiti by investing in health services, supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system. IHSD embodies strategic evidence-based strategies for Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Death and gender-based violence, respect for women and advancing to Sustainable HIV Epidemic Control, using data to make informed decisions and building local capacity to implement integrated health programs.
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the RBF Advisor will serve as a member of the project’s senior management team, based in Port-au-Prince with frequent travel. The RBF Advisor will serve as the key technical member of the Haiti IHSD team on the subject of RBF and other health financing schemes.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Lead the design of RBF activities, working closely with GOH counterparts and, design mechanisms suited to the Haitian context and aligning with established RBF mechanisms.
• Coordinate and liaise closely with national RBF initiatives led by the Haitian Ministry of Health in partnership with any donor?.
• Develop and lead trainings on RBF for Ministry of Health officials.
• Lead the development and documentation of effective tools and approaches for health financing/RBF activities
• Advise and support development of RBF training curriculum, material and tool kits.
• Provide advice and build technical capacity of district teams at departmental and UAS level to roll out RBF projects
• Coordinate analysis of project data for improved management decision making, ensuring set-up and efficient operation of the MIS and claims processing for RBF approaches
• Ensure robust anti-fraud mechanisms are in place and strictly adhered to.
• Coordinate and liaise with private sector provider networks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification requirements include the following:
• Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, ideally in Health Economics, Public Finance, Public Health or other relevant area; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Strong knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, procedures and reporting requirements;
• Familiarity with health financing and economic analysis methodologies;
• Familiarity with Performance/Result Based Financing modalities;
• Knowledge of RBF implementation processes and capacity building (ex-ante, ex-post verification, data collection, invoicing and contracting of health facilities, indicators etc.);
• An understanding of the Health Service Delivery Systems in Haiti (e.g. functional components of healthcare delivery systems; primary care: referral systems, care packages, key stakeholders in the system, etc.);
• Relevant work experience as Team Leader and/or Technical Advisor in health sector development projects focusing on health financing, health economic analysis, etc.
• Professional experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, small NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders;
• Experience developing and leading trainings on RBF for Ministry of Health level will be an advantage;
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in French and English;
• Working knowledge of Haitian Creole is highly desired.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
CV and cover letter
Envoyer le dossier à
To be considered for a position, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] and write “Results Based Financing Advisor” in the subject line.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Bold Thinkers Driving Real-World Impact