Human Resources Technician I (CO)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
One year, first year probationary period. Post of limited duration.
Feb 3, 2021, 4:13:37 PM
Feb 25, 2021, 1:59:00 AM
PAHO/WHO Representation, Haiti
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT
This is a requisition for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
PAHO Country Offices are responsible for ensuring that the Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) country program of technical cooperation and its country presence provides adequate support to the national health development process and, at the same time, enables countries to shape the sub regional, regional, and global health agendas. The PAHO/WHO Country Office is the basic organizational unit for technical cooperation with the country/ies, drawing on PAHO/WHO resources from all levels and all parts of the Organization.
Description Of Duties
Under the general guidance of the PAHO/WHO Representative, and the direct supervision of the Administrator, and in close coordination with Human Resources Management (HRM) at Headquarters, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Assist and coordinate the recruitment and selection process for fixed-term and short-term United Nations (UN) positions, and local positions for hiring under local conditions of employment (contingent workers); provide guidance to technical staff regarding the proper use of contractual mechanisms; collaborate in the process of preparing job descriptions for fixed and short-term positions, and terms of reference for contingent worker positions, prepare and place local advertisements; conduct screening of applications and interviewing of candidates; administer testing; prepare documentation for and act as Secretary of the local selection committees;
- Initiate and/or approve human resources (HR) related actions in the PASB Management Information System (PMIS), for staff and contingent workers; serve as HR Partner in PMIS and HR focal point for the selection process of local and international recruited positions;
- Prepare and process contracts for contingent workers (consultants: NPCs, IPCs; local positions through local employment agency, etc.), ensuring compliance with established policies and guidelines; create positions in PMIS; prepare estimated cost for contracts; issue contracts; process hiring and termination business processes; register consultants in accident insurance scheme; responsible for monitoring and updating PMIS to include status for all contingent worker positions and contract management;
- Administer the files of contingent workers hired under local conditions of employment; monitor performance and issue salary increases as applicable, based on established practices and procedures; update the corporate personnel information systems with new positions and changes in status, as applicable; monitor the financial billings of the local employment agency; verify costs and submit for payment;
- Administer personnel policies and apply regulations, rules and procedures concerning recruitment, appointment, benefits, and other personnel matters including issues related to immunities and privileges as they apply to international staff as well as local labor legislation as it applies to personnel hired under local conditions;
- Ensure that the support documentation for the certification of dependents, civil status, education grants and/or any other staff benefits and/or allowances are reviewed and verified;
- Ensure that requests for payment of salaries, pension fund documentation, annual verification of dependents, annual leave reports/requests and any other entitlements are prepared and submitted accordingly; coordinate and process the extension of staff and contingent worker contracts;
- Maintain all administrative records related to the Office’s staff, to include: extension of contracts, job description reviews, recruitment of short term staff under the different contract types of the Organization, as well as preparing the corresponding justifications for the contracts and authorization of payments for contingent workers;
- Brief prospective candidates or new appointees on benefits and conditions of employment; inform staff members on administrative procedures related to official travel, annual leave, sick leave, health insurance benefits and other personnel matters;
- Collaborate with the Administrator in the development of proposals on staff development plans; collaborate in the training of technical and support personnel; assist in obtaining salary data for local salary surveys and for salary scales for personnel hired under local conditions of employment; monitor and assist in the process of updating local salary scale and pay bands for contingent workers;
- Prepare formal notifications to local authorities on the arrival and departure of international staff; handle documentation required by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government agencies; assist staff members in matters related to customs clearance of their personal and households effects, etc.;
- Provide guidance and support to staff regarding the process for initiating an completing the Performance Planning and Evaluation System (PPES) process in PMIS, as needed;
- Compose, draft and prepare correspondence pertaining to assigned duties on own initiative or from verbal/written instructions for signature.
- Act as a focal point for Human Resources matters with HRM at Headquarters;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: Certificate of completion of high school.
Desirable: Specialized training at the college, university or business school level with emphasis on human resources management would be an asset.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process.
Essential: Six years of experience in administrative work, preferably in human resources functions.
Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behavior; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
Teamwork: Collaborate and cooperate with other/Deal effectively with conflict - Creates team spirit; promotes collaboration and open communication in the team; proactively supports others; welcomes team responsibilities and drives team results; promotes knowledge sharing in the team. Proactively identifies conflicts and facilitates their resolution in a respectful manner; tactfully resolves conflicts between or with others and takes action to reduce any possible tension; effectively builds a rapport with individuals and teams, establishing good personal and professional relationships, as well as minimizing risk of potential conflict.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Relate well to diversity in others and capitalize on such diversity - Treats all people with dignity and respect. Relates well to people with different cultures, gender, orientations, backgrounds and/or positions; examines own behavior to avoid stereotypical responses; considers issues from the perspective of others and values their diversity.
Communication: Express oneself clearly when speaking/Listen/Write effectively/Share knowledge - Foresees communication needs of audience and targets message accordingly. Facilitates open communication; encourages others to share their views openly and takes time to understand and consider their views. Writes down ideas in a clear, structured, logical and credible way; drafts and supports the development of guidelines, policies and procedures. Shares relevant information openly and ensures that the shared information is understood; considers knowledge sharing as a constructive working method and demonstrates awareness of the Organization.
Knowing and Managing Yourself: Remain productive/Continuously learn - Remains objective and focused even in a “changing and moving” environment; continues to display positive behavior when facing some constraints; keeps challenges in perspective. Seeks all relevant information for decision making from a wide range of sources; quickly learns new competencies and skills that expand role capability; shows rapid understanding of new and/or complex information relevant to job.
Producing results: Work efficiently and independently/ Deliver quality results/Take responsibility - Prioritizes work, monitors own progress against objectives and adapts plans as required; communicates adjustments as necessary. Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively. Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs. Works independently to produce new results and sets own time lines effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives. Demonstrates accountability for own success, as well as for errors; learns from experience.
- Knowledge of human resources practices and procedures combined with the ability to explain policies, regulations, standards and established guidelines which form the basis for personnel decisions and actions.
- Skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving, and decision-making of office management processes.
- Ability to maintain databases, input data, and prepare reports and documentation including special charts, graphics, and other features.
- Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes, such as: monitoring of human resources processes, maintenance of expenditures records, preparation of budgets, etc.
- Ability to write/originate routine and nonroutine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and carry out administrative processes such as: contract management, recruitment of personnel, preparation of reports, coordinating administrative support services, etc.
- The nature of the business in HR requires sensitivity, confidentiality and respect for all contacts and information processed.
Very good knowledge of French and Haitian Creole and a working knowledge of English. A working knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio and Project would be an asset.
Annual Salary: (Net of taxes)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Local Recruitment)
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to PAHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and e-Manual.
For information on PAHO please visit: http://www.paho.org
PAHO/WHO Is Committed To Workforce Diversity.
PAHO/WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
PAHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance). Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, dependency benefits, pension plan, and health insurance scheme.
All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
Administrative/support positions in Haiti are open to Port-au-Prince metropolitan area residents only. Candidates must be Haiti citizens or be a permanent legal resident in the country.
Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. A written test and/or interview will be held for this post. The post description is the official document for organizational purposes.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We work with countries to improve and protect people's health throughout the Region. Regional Office of WHO.