WordPress Technical Support Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Company:
At Awesome Motive, we help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys by creating market leading software and growth tools.
Over 10 million websites use our software and training videos to grow their traffic, email subscribers, and business revenue.
We are the company behind popular marketing products including OptinMonster, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd, WP Mail SMTP, RafflePress, TrustPulse, and more. We also run a suite of popular blogs including WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners.
About the role:
As a Technical Support Manager within Awesome Motive, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the success of one of our world-class WordPress support teams. You'll work remotely with Senior Support to coordinate all team members, lead numerous responsibilities and initiatives within support, and continually reinforce a positive, team-oriented culture.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re an excellent and consistent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You are extremely reliable; others know they can always count on you. When unexpected things come up, or you're under time pressure, you not only stay calm -- but you're eager to rise to the occasion and help your team rise with you.
- You find deep satisfaction in helping others to grow and succeed. Further, you have a knack for motivating and instilling confidence in others.
- You don't shy away from difficult conversations, and know that critical feedback is vital for an individual and team to succeed long-term.
- You enjoy identifying patterns and trends, and using those to thoughtfully determine both short and long term action plans.
- You consistently model values and behaviors that demonstrate a high standard of integrity.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You're a committed life-long learner, and know that you have at least as much to learn from your team as they do from you.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting a high standard of performance goals and KPIs for the support team, and ensuring the team consistently meets or exceeds these goals.
- Continually monitoring and providing feedback on the performance of senior support.
- Frequently checking in with senior support about the performance of their reports, and determining the most appropriate actions based on both their feedback and your personal observations/experiences.
- Communicating regularly with the support team, including leading weekly support team meetings.
- Organizing and leading support trainings.
- Onboarding new support team members.
- Delegating support responsibilities, and helping senior support to manage fluctuating workloads.
- Providing written and verbal performance reviews for your team.
- Managing time off requests and scheduling.
- Assisting with support team hiring.
- Coordinating with team members outside of support to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Ensuring that all internal support team documentation stays up to date.
- Communicating frequently with the team using chat, audio, and video.
Skills you'll need to succeed in this role:
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of 10 or more.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, including a strong ability to show empathy in your writing. We believe communication is critical.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Talent for taking something complicated and explaining it simply.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Experience using WordPress.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proven track record working in a support team for WordPress plugins.
- Experience managing a team remotely.
- Experience using Awesome Motive products, such as WPForms, WP Mail SMTP, MonsterInsights, OptinMonster, etc.
- Experience working with the major services that many of our products integrate with (Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, Stripe, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, PHP, etc).
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need, as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About and Contributions pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back. And for an even deeper dive, you can check out more about our individual teams and products (WPBeginner, WPForms, MonsterInsights, OptinMonster, and more).
Location and Hours
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe!
Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours -- and work hours for this position -- are 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
- Personal computer with internet access.
- Work hours of 9am - 5pm ET
- Ability to participate in video meetings at any times needed during work hours.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If you think you're a good fit for everything shared above, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your previous management experience, including your approach to working with team members.
- Your experience with WordPress, and particularly professional WordPress support.
- A bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Team culture is very important to us, so in addition to your experience and qualifications, please help us to see your personality/get to know who you are.
- Profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Helping Small Businesses GROW & COMPETE With the Big Guys