Deputy Chief of Party
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID/Haiti Project Supporting the Efficient Management of State Resources (GERÉ; Projet d’appui à la Gestion Efficace des Ressources de l’État). GERÉ’s three objectives are as follows:
1. Select government entities’ ability to manage and mobilize resources and deliver services to citizens improved;
2. Greater engagement between citizens, civil society, the private sector, and government in defining and addressing development priorities; and
3. Improved communication, collaboration, and coordination across and between levels of government—and with parliament—on policy, budget, and service delivery issues.
The DCOP must be a governance expert with proven experience in Haiti and will provide technical leadership in the project and fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence. He/she will be responsible for providing technical direction on innovative approaches proposed by USAID. This position is limited to local national applicants.
• Provide technical direction on the implementation of the GERÉ workplan including applying approaches such as applied political economy analysis (PEA), adaptive management, and CLA in program implementation.
• Design and provide oversight of MEL system to collect, analyse, and report on data on the application of PEA, adaptive management and CLA approaches.
• Work in collaboration with the MELM (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager.)
• Supervise Sr. Technical Advisors across the three objectives using a One Team approach.
• Manage, supervise, and mentor the program’s technical staff in the North, South, East, and West field offices.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, including government counterparts, grantees, and implementing partners.
• Liaise regularly with COP and senior technical staff on management and decision-making.
• Interface with both USAID and other counterparts regarding the overall direction of the project in the absence of the COP.
• Act as Chief of Party in the COP’s absence.
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in International Development, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related area, with 12 years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree and 16 years of experience.
• At least 5 years of experience in the implementation and management of international donor- (including USAID-) funded projects that focus on taking innovative approaches (such as those outlined above) to governance, decentralization, municipal support, and civil society strengthening.
• Experience in innovative governance improvement methodologies, government capacity development, decentralization, or institutional strengthening programs in Haiti.
• Proven track record in working effectively with other projects, high-level host country host government counterparts, and other international partners.
• Significant experience in the administration and management of implementing donor-supported development projects of similar size and complexity.
• Five years of experience in managing M&E and/or technical specialists on donor-funded projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extensive technical expertise in one or more of the following: PEA, adaptive management, local systems, local governance capacity building, governance, decentralization, institutional capacity building, and related approaches.
• Demonstrate broad knowledge of key government, civil society, private sector, faith-based and media actors who are potential allies or spoilers for GERE goals and understand the dynamics and relationships among them as well as the political economy issues affecting these areas.
• Reputation for professional excellence including outstanding facilitation, strategic planning and management skills (as evidenced by references and achievements).
• Ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of implementation with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
• Verbal and written fluency in French and Créole required; proficiency in verbal and written English required.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...Application must include:
- Motivation letter
- Work certificate
Envoyer le dossier à
Please submit your application by February 15, 2021 at the latest. Applications must be submitted only by email to: [email protected]
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.