Senior Accountant - Latin America
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compassion is an Evangelical Christian organization.
Please submit your resume(CV) in English.
This senior accountant maintains the organization's general ledger for major areas of responsibility. She or he works closely with internal clients at all levels across the organization to answer financial questions and provide advice on proper accounting. Further, this incumbent, working in complex areas, is a key contributor to the preparation of financial statements and develops new reports in response to, or anticipation of, ongoing business needs. As a senior professional, the accountant uses advanced knowledge of GAAP, internal financial systems, and other accounting standards to conduct major research and analysis, review and interpret historical transactional activity, and take a key role in complex month-end and year-end close processes. At this career level, the incumbent leads or conducts major, complex accounting processes and projects for multiple countries. Further, she or he often coaches and oversees the work of other specialists and related staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- The primary purpose of this senior professional includes using discretion and ingenuity to partner with internal customers, answering financial reporting questions, explaining accounting principles, advise on proper recording of transactions, and informing others of financial policies and procedures. This also includes playing a consultative role in problem-solving complex procedural and technical issues.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and trusted source on the organization's financial general ledger system, including the chart of accounts, functional allocation, fund balances, segments and other attributes of the system.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly/annual financial close processes for errors or misclassifications and corrects as needed. May also prepare and/or review key journal entries and account reconciliations if needed.
- May prepare and distribute financial statement reports and analyze such reports to provide insight into the decisions of internal clients.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the accounting discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 10 years of experience working in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- Solid knowledge of Haitian accounting and fiscal requirements.
- Experience using accountant systems.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Fluency in French and Creole
- English proficiency
- Basic Spanish level (desired but not mandatory to apply)
Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 20% of normal schedule
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name.