Program Assistant, North
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we apply an integrated approach to public service delivery using cross-sectoral strategies. Our goal is to help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local level.
RTI is currently accepting applications for a Regional Coordinator to be based in Cap-Haitian to cover the North, for a USAID-funded governance activity in Haiti, project supporting the Efficient Management of the State Resources (GERÉ), that supports the government of Haiti, civil society, and the private sector in addressing core governance challenges to effectively respond to citizen needs. This position will be full-time role based in Haiti.
The Program Assistant are responsible for providing support to implementing the project’s technical activities at the local government/commune level. The approaches fall under “doing development differently” and includes a project inception period, problem-driven iterative adaptation (PDIA), applied political economy analysis (PEA), local systems, collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) and adaptive management. S/he will report to the Regional Coordinator of the west region. S/he will also provide technical support and input to the technical leads for each project objective for integration of this approach.
- Provide support to technical implementation at the local government/commune level.
- Ensuring compliance with USAID and RTI procedures in support to the central level activities.
- Integrate PEA and an adaptive management system.
- Support the Regional Coordinator in coordination, programmatic, and contextual monitoring of office activities in the region.
- Problem-solve operational issues at the local level.
- Oversee financial planning and budgeting.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business, with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in the implementation and management of USAID-funded projects that focus on taking innovative approaches to governance, decentralization, municipal support, and civil society strengthening.
- Experience using Office 365
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following: problem-driven iterative adaptation, PEA, adaptive management, local systems, local governance capacity building, governance, decentralization, institutional capacity building, and related approaches.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in French and Créole required.
- Proficiency in English preferred
Please submit your with:
- Motivation letter
- Work certificate
Please submit your application by February 15, 2021 at the latest. Applications must be submitted only by email to: [email protected]
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.