Regional Coordinator, North
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we apply an integrated approach to public service delivery using cross-sectoral strategies. Our goal is to help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local level.
RTI is currently accepting applications for a Regional Coordinator to be based in Cap-Haitian to cover the North, for a USAID-funded governance activity in Haiti, project supporting the Efficient Management of the State Resources (GERÉ), that supports the government of Haiti, civil society, and the private sector in addressing core governance challenges to effectively respond to citizen needs. This position will be full-time role based in Haiti.
The Regional Coordinator will oversee all project activities for his/her assigned region, provide technical input into local project implementation, and act as a community organizer to support the mission of the project.
- Manage the assigned regional office by setting up office systems, supervising technical staff,
- Oversee implementation of project activities in assigned region by liaising with local organizations and key stakeholders.
- Maintain close contact with the Project technical staff to ensure all technical, support needs are addressed.
- Ensure good coordination among GERE partners in the targeted region, resource organizations, and consultants at the local level.
- Oversee the engagement, training, and support of region-based staff.
- Contribute to Project Annual Work Planning, quarterly reporting, monitoring and evaluation and other reported needs as requested.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Finance, Political Science, International Relations, Development, or related area, with 3 years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in the implementation and management of international donor (including USAID) funded governance, decentralization, municipal support, and civil society strengthening components projects.
- Experience in governance improvement methodologies, government capacity development, decentralization, or institutional strengthening programs in Haiti.
- At least 3 years’ experience on governance- related projects with established local networks in the targeted areas.
- Strong relationships with local stakeholders, including local government, civil society, and private sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive technical expertise in one or more of the following: local governance capacity building; municipal and regional planning and governance, legislative and policy analysis; decentralization; institutional capacity building; public financial management or public administration.
- Reputation for professional excellence including outstanding strategic planning and management skills (as evidenced by references and achievements).
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts at the commune and department levels, donor representatives and senior-level staff.
- Verbal and written fluency in French and Creole required.
- Additional proficiency in English preferred.
Please submit your with:
- Motivation letter
- Work certificate
Please submit your application by February 15, 2021 at the latest. Applications must be submitted only by email to: [email protected]
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.