Elementary K-5 ELA/Social Studies Teacher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To ensure that each student achieves academic success, develops a lifelong love of learning and becomes a responsible citizen in a global community.
- Plan using the school’s curriculum, effective strategies, resources and data to meet the needs of all students.
- Effectively engage students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet the individual learning needs of the students.
- Systematically gather, analyze, and use data to measure student progress, guide instruction, and provide timely feedback.
- Use resources, routines and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
- Maintains a commitment to professional ethics, the school’s mission, and take responsibility for and participate in professional growth that results in the enhancement of student learning.
- Work to achieve acceptable and measurable student progress.
Use a wide variety of teaching strategies that meet individual student needs and abilities.
The Teacher will:
- Effectively meet the learning needs of all students.
- Skillfully use verbal and non-verbal communications;
- Preview and communicate learning objectives to students in a clear, logical and sequential manner.
- Show the ability to create and maintain enthusiasm for the love of learning.
- Demonstrate appreciation for students and seek to celebrate their accomplishments.
- Show interest in curriculum and instructional development.
- Serve as a role model, takes advantage of opportunities to learn from others and keeps abreast of developments related to teaching;
- Promote good working relationships with others through active leadership and sharing of ideas, materials and experiences.
- Promote good rapport with students, staff, parents and community.
- Respect the confidentiality of student and staff concerns;
- Keep parents informed of their children’s progress.
- Clearly understand and model professionalism.
- Maintain superior work attendance.
- Cooperatively adhere to Board policies and implementing regulations.
- Recognize the importance of the after-school activities program and assume responsibilities in that program.
- Be self-motivated and assume responsibility willingly.
- Be willing to expend effort and energy beyond the typical School day.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Attend school and PTA sponsored activities.
- Keep current and update Power School regularly.
- Create and maintain current all Moodle Spaces
- Arrival/Departure time from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM (Monday-Tuesday-Thursday and Friday). 7:15 AM to 4:15 PM.
- To display evidence of superior preparation for classroom instruction.
- Uses appropriate examples and illustrations to motivate the abilities and interests of ALL students;
- Creates and utilizes appropriate materials for instructional purposes;
- Assesses and adjusts the classroom setting to provide for a variety of learning styles;
- Provides a variety of information which enriches the curriculum;
- Draws from a variety of instructional resources to enhance lessons; instruction and content are not driven by the basal textbook;
- To model and encourage multiple cultural awareness and understanding.
- To establish long-range goals, instructional objectives and methods relevant to the objectives.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in order to connect learning across subject disciplines.
- To demonstrate accurate and up-to-date knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- To display competence and confidence in using media and technology
- Effectively uses computer instruction for both self and students in order to integrate and enhance classroom lessons;
- Seeks ongoing computer staff development opportunities.
- Uses various technologies in class (e-reader, projector, mimio, etc)
Class Management Goal
- To plan and implement strategies that encourage student self-discipline, reinforce appropriate behavior, manage disruptive behavior constructively and allows for grouping of students in the most efficient way to support learning objectives.
- Skillful in keeping students on the learning task;
- Adaptive, flexible and creative in situations that are caused by a variety of individual student needs.
- To bring out the best in students by continually monitoring their work.
- Returns test results promptly, gives written comments and provide group and individual feedback on all assignments;
- Provides specific evaluative feedback with reinforcement and encouragement.
Student Performance Goal:
- To motivate students to achieve beyond previous performance levels.
- To set high expectations that are appropriate for each student’s ability level.
Terms of Employment
Teachers will work 190 days as per contract determined by the board approved calendar. Salary is based on earned degrees, certification and number of years of teaching experience.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Union School was founded in 1919 as a school for the children of U.S. Marine Corps families stationed in Haiti. This was only for the elementary grade...