Senior Human Resources Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
World Concern is a Christian global relief and development agency that extends opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty. We serve nearly 6 million people in 12 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director/Representative, the Sr. HR Officer is responsible for recruitment, onboarding, employee development, compensation, benefits, off-boarding processes, maintenance of staff records and systems, and lead HR initiatives as needed. Also, Sr. HR Officer promotes a positive work environment founded on Christian values and Code of Ethics and Conduct of World Concern Haiti.
- Serve on the Haiti leadership team and participate in discussion concerning projects, financial and administrative decisions.
- Identify and propose improvements and modifications to the financial management and budget follow-up. Make recommendations for remediation of any identified problems and following up to assess results.
- Provide training and mentoring to staff on World Concern financial policies and procedures, financial best practices and effective internal controls.
Finance & Accounting
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting all financial reports to Haiti Country Representative and Haiti Finance Director, meeting the required monthly deadlines.
- Review Cash requests from the projects and provide monthly cash request to Haiti Finance Director and World Concern Seattle, meeting required deadlines.
- Oversee forecasting and budgeting operations for World Concern Haiti by organizing and controlling the budgeting process for the World Concern Haiti office. Provide support to the Program teams, Country Representative and Haiti Finance Director in the preparation of the budgets for new projects submission to institutional donors.
- Maintain appropriate relations with donors and oversee submission of all financial reports as required. Maintain and manage the donor financial reports and monitoring report tracking schedule. Verify all grant financial reports reconcile with World Concern cumulative project financial reports.
- Review the reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and ensure timely completion.
- Manage the following revenue projection in an accurate, complete and timely manner for World Concern Haiti:
- Long Term Pro-forma: design a tool that will project revenue and expenses for the various programs. Analyze date and present recommendations to leadership
- Short Term Pro-forma: use the analysis from the projected revenue and expenses to recommend future budget planning.
- Review and analyze World Concern monthly financial statements and report the financial status of the organization to the Haiti management team on a monthly basis.
- Assist Country Representative and Program Manager/s in analyzing variance reports, recommending adjustments and advising on program management decisions as necessary.
- Review journal entries and complete any adjusting entries as necessary, including but not limited to, time and effort allocation entries.
- Manage and supervise the performance of the Haiti accounting and finance staff.
- Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day to day financial operations and training as needed.
- Make sure all financial documents are in compliance with the requirements for supporting documentation, following World Concern financial procedures. Ensure all additional documents are obtained and procedures required by U.S. government grants or other donor requirements are followed.
- Supervise and coordinate both internal and external auditing requirements for the Haiti Office and field offices. Provide requested documentation to the WC headquarters office for the organization’s annual audit, meeting deadlines as stipulated.
- Liaise with external auditors as required and assist with the completion of the management letter to WC senior management team.
- Perform an internal audit function to ensure financial transactions comply with policies and donor requirements. This includes conducting financial and general compliance monitoring visits. Prepare monitoring and corrective action plans after each monitoring visit. Provide follow up training as necessary.
- Review, existing and develop, implement and administer policies and procedures necessary for the effective financial operations throughout World Concern Haiti as approved by Country Representative and Haiti Finance Director.
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising the Country Representative on needed actions.
- Manage and coach admin staff with explicit goal of capacity development.
- Develop systems that ensure key accountabilities in procurement and Admin are coordinated, achieved, and that progress is summarized in a way that keeps everyone on track and enables reflection on progress and learning.
- Ensure that all the Administrative procedures have been followed in all management levels process of the organization such Procurement, Logistic transportation, Building and IT maintenance and repairs services, security awareness and other kind of Administration support needed.
- Oversees Administrative tasks in the Country Office which includes but is not limited to visa processing, MoU approvals, meeting government requirements, and rent.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Understand, articulate and support WC vision, mission, core identity and values
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent formal education (e.g. Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Five years accounting and financial management experience in a business and/or non-profit organization, with at least three in a leadership role, including oversight of staff, budget development & management and internal control/systems management.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English at an advanced level.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages (e.g. ACCPAC) and Microsoft Office.
- Must have problem solving capabilities; be able to work independently while staying aligned with the culture and strategic direction of the organization.
- Work efficiently and professionally with a variety of personality types.
- Available for at least a two-year commitment.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
- Grant Compliance and Governance, including U.S., EU and Australian Government grants.
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train others in small group settings.
- Requires frequent travel to different offices within Haiti
- Urban living conditions with exposure at times to challenging living conditions.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
A global Christian relief and development agency extending opportunity and hope to people facing extreme poverty.