Sr. Market Resiliency & Sustainability Specialist / Objective 3 Lead – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Organization:
Connexus Corporation is an international development consulting firm that provides consulting services in the areas of finance and enterprise development, especially related to rural and agricultural development. Connexus’ mission is to provide high quality global consulting services to transform international development and build local capacity. Connexus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
About the Job:
Connexus is seeking a Sr. Market Resiliency & Sustainability Specialist / Objective 3 Lead (Increased household and community ability to recover from shocks and stresses) to include on our Feed the Future Haiti Resilience and Agriculture Sector Advancement Activity proposal. The goal of this Activity is to increase individual, household, and communities’ resilience through strengthened, well-functioning, and inclusive markets and to establish and strengthen a sustainable, inclusive agricultural market system that is resilient to shocks and stresses. Please note that this is a preliminary position description and will be clarified further after the Request for Proposal (RFP) is released.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Build the capacity of households and communities to absorb and overcome shocks and stresses affecting the market system.
- Increase access to diversified livelihood opportunities, asset ownership, savings and financial services, market systems information, and improved early warning systems for households and communities.
- Work with targeted participant households and communities to increase their access to information to make strategic decisions that protect their assets and allow them to successfully recover from shocks and stresses.
- Increase the participation of marginalized groups, especially women and youth, in the market and build their capacity to take advantage of economic opportunities.
- Manage other staff and consultants contributing to Objective 3 and oversee the successful implementation of Objective 3: increased household and community ability to recover from shocks and stresses.
- Masters in business, finance, accounting, or a similar field.
- Experience implementing projects aimed at increasing the resilience and sustainability of market actors, especially focused on the ability of households and communities to absorb and recover from shocks and stresses.
- Technical expertise in a field related to agricultural development such as: agricultural economics, marketing, market systems and resilience, agribusiness management or similar fields.
- Experience working at the household and community level to improve access to livelihood opportunities, asset ownership, financial services and products, market systems information, and improved early warning systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required, knowledge of Haitian Creole a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in Haiti.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with "Haiti – Sr. Market Resiliency & Sustainability Specialist / Component 3 Lead" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Connexus Corporation’s mission is to provide high quality global consulting services to transform international development and build local capacity.