Supply Chain / Logistics Fellow
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Meds & Food for Kids (MFK) is a non-profit that operates a food processing facility in the north of Haiti, in Cap-Haitien. The facility produces Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF) and other nutritious supplemental foods, used to address malnutrition.
By transferring skills and knowledge to MFK’s Haitian workers and engaging farmers to source local raw materials, MFK breaks the cycle of poverty and sustainably stimulates economic development.
MFK works to transform the lives of malnourished children and their parents in Haiti. By reversing the devastating effects of malnutrition, children are given a second chance to thrive physically and cognitively and contribute to their country’s future. Our vision is that one day, Haitian children will receive optimum nutrition from conception to adulthood.
For MFK’s facility to become truly sustainable, it must be able to increase its production output and operational efficiency to continue to successfully compete in the global RUTF marketplace. Supply chain and logistics in the developing world, in a place such as Haiti, has many unique challenges. But for the right individual, the supply chain fellowship could be an interesting and personally rewarding opportunity to give back to those less fortunate, and to experience personal growth and development.
Supply Chain / Logistics Fellow – Cap-Haitien, Haiti
Key Activities And Deliverables Will Include
The Supply Chain / Logistics Fellow will play a critical mentorship role in MFK operations. This position will assist in organizing and working closely with the talented Haitian staff to enhance production planning, monitoring plant operations, ensure reliable and timely purchasing, and perfecting inventory management. In addition, this position will work to develop a global sourcing process system to leverage facility capacity and improve reaction time to myriad market disruptions. The Supply Chain / Logistics Fellow will be required to work from a global perspective in order to develop and coordinate logistic plans and will be required to drive the successful execution these plans. This position will have at its core to mentor and enable Haitian facility staff, to further the sustainability of MFK in the years to come.
- Fine-tuning the production planning process
- Interfacing with factory staff to improve operations and address supply chain-related issues
- Mentoring the Haitian staff on short and long-term production planning with a focus on improving service levels, improving plant performance and right-sizing material inventories
- Assisting with supply planning, raw material purchasing/coordination, all inventory control functions, receiving functions, and support of material handlers
- Reviewing and adjusting purchasing strategies to optimize inventory levels
- Mentoring those responsible for supplier selection, negotiations and supplier performance
- Managing the development and implementation of systems and procedures in order to control and right-size inventories of raw materials, packaging, finished goods, and Work in Progress[PW1] .
The Supply Chain / Logistics Manager must be prepared to mentor, document, and transmit essential knowledge and experience to Haitian staff and partners.
While the Cap-Haitien area is relatively quiet and peaceful, it is still underdeveloped. This experience is not for the faint of heart. It will challenge the Fellow in all regards: emotionally, socially, professionally, and more. The fellow position is challenging, but it is also personally rewarding. The Fellow will be vital, indispensable member of the MFK team in its quest to make lifesaving RUTF available to all those who need it. Expatriates live with other permanent and temporary MFK staff in a house in a secure area of Cap-Haitien.
- Start of assignment: April 1, 2021
- Duration of assignment: 12 months preferred
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Bachelor’s degree or higher in supply chain management, logistics, business, or another related field
- Practical experience in supply chain management, minimum 2 years
- Excellent academic and professional record
- Strong social and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with enterprise resource planning applications, preferably ERP Next
- Import / export and transportation logistics experience preferred
- French or Haitian Creole strongly preferred
Good to have
Personal or professional experience in the developing world, strong cross cultural communication skills, self-directed and exceptionally motivated
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Meds & Food for Kids is dedicated to saving the lives of malnourished children, mentoring and educating farmers and igniting the economy of Haiti.