Enterprise Adviser - National Officer NOA (DC) CARACOL
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The ILO is issuing a call for expression of interest for the above position. This is an assignment of a purely temporary nature, not expected to lead to a career in the ILO. Duration is 12 months.
The following are eligible to apply:
- Internal candidates
- External candidates.
The ILO values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities.
Better Work is a unique partnership program between the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). it aims to improve labor standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better, Work involves the development of both global tools and country-level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions that build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving labor standards in global supply chains is an essential part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected, distributing the benefits of trade. Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labor standards and national labor law. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labor standards from their suppliers.
The Better Work Haiti Enterprise Advisor reports to Better Work Haiti Chief Technical Advisor through a senior team leader based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The supervisor for technical soundness and appropriateness controls the work product. This position will be located in Caracol.
Description of Duties
The supervisor for technical soundness and appropriateness controls the work product
- Independently conduct enterprise assessment of labor standards and management systems at the enterprise level;
- Independently produce high standard reports in English on (i) assessments findings, (ii) recommendations for improvement, (iii) enterprise improvement plans, and (iv) progress reports on implementation;
- Review the reports of other advisors as part of the peer review Better Work quality assurance system;
- Provide high-quality enterprise-level consultancy services designed to improve enterprise performance, including coaching, facilitating management and union improvement committees, providing technical advice, and conducting classroom-based training;
- Select, adapt and contextualize Better Work products for use at the individual enterprise level based on needs;
- Provide technical advice and input into the development of Better Work research, products, and strategies;
- Actively contribute to the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, research plan, and knowledge management strategy;
- Contribute to the financial sustainability strategy of the project, including encouraging the participation of enterprises in project activities, a strong outcome focus, and effective time management of consultancy services;
- Liaise with the ILO training Officer as well as the IR Specialist to ensure the quality of service provision and sharing of materials and best practices;
- Other duties as required by the supervisor.
University degree in human resource management, adult education, international development, law or other relevant fields, or equivalent in experience.
- At least two years in social dialogue,
- Capacity building in the private sector in developing countries,
- Corporate social responsibility (particularly in labor standards compliance and remediation) or another relevant field.
- Excellent command of English, French, and Creole.
- Spanish would be a plus.
Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Responsibility for performance, Orientation to quality and Collaboration.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the Haitian labor-related law and regulations;
- Understanding of enterprise-level human resource, production, and quality systems;
- Good understanding of corporate social responsibility and labor compliance issues in global supply chains;
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and uphold high standards of ethical conduct;
- High-level commitment and responsibility towards completing assignments efficiently, accurately, and promptly;
- Good understanding of principles of gender equality and principles of equal opportunity and how these can be promoted as part of the responsibilities of the post;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in outcomes-based work culture as well as contributing to the Work of a team;
- Capacity to sensitively liaise and network with a range of stakeholders, including factory managers, unions, government, and others interacting with the program
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. A competency statement (max. 3 pages) highlighting their skills against each of the listed competencies will be requested.
Evaluation and the interview will tentatively take place during the 2 to 4 weeks following the application deadline. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be short listed for further consideration.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including technical tests or interviews.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Promoting social justice and decent work since 1919