Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director - Haiti Improved Health Service Delivery Activity – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
IMA World Health, a subsidiary of Corus International, is seeking applications for Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director (DCOP/TD) for the upcoming USAID-funded Haiti Improved Health Service Delivery Activity (IHSD). IHSD is expected to deliver health services from the Ministry of Health's Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities. These services are to include: 1) Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; 2) HIV/AIDS; and 3) Family Planning and Reproductive Health (e.g., services, counseling, and commodities). The DCOP/TD will be based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and will provide overall leadership, management, and oversight for all program activities and staff in accordance with the contract and donor guidelines.
Corus International was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organization since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organization since 1945), and today includes the smaller entities of Charlie Goldsmith Associates, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America, with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
Today, IMA offers extensive expertise in managing and implementing highly successful and complex donor-funded programs in nutrition, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening (HSS), malaria, HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). IMA has managed an average of $100 million annually over the last four fiscal years, through grants and contracts from DFID, USAID, CDC, World Bank, the Global Fund, OFDA, UNDP, MCC, and private donors. IMA has been implementing donor-funded programming in Haiti since 1998.
Based in Port-Au-Prince, the DCOP/TD will support the Chief of Party (COP) in staff management, capacity building, and stakeholder engagement for the anticipated IHSD Activity. S/he will oversee the program/technical team; lead project reporting and documentation efforts; have a direct oversight role in the quality of technical direction that activities take; and administration and management of technical service planning. S/he will support the Chief of Party and will liaise regularly with key stakeholders representing the program, including assigned USAID in-country technical advisors and other staff; relevant Government of Haiti Ministry stakeholders, and civil society networks. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and oversight of the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives
- Supervise the technical team to ensure program activities maximize project objectives
- Work collaboratively with the MEL team and lead quality and timely reporting in line with donor requirements according to the contract/award agreement
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and evaluate program effectiveness, determining corrective action as needed to improve goal achievement
- Oversee implementing partners and advise on technical issues
- Ensure strong working relationships with implementing and technical partners, the Ministry of Health, and USAID
- Support development and monitoring of technical work plans and budget
- Identify lessons learned and best practices for external dissemination
- Ensure programmatic compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Work closely with HQ staff to ensure effective, timely, and coordinated project implementation
- Alongside the MEL Director, ensure visibility of program results, achievements, and lessons learned through presentations at conferences and workshops and/or by publishing articles in professional journals
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Postgraduate degree in public health, international development, or related field, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior role designing and overseeing integrated health programs of a similar size and scope
- Experience in Haiti or a similar context required
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience successfully working on fast-paced multi-disciplinary teams to achieve development results on large donor-funded health programs
- Successful experience and significant understanding of private sector service delivery approaches, capacity strengthening for health system building blocks, and community-based care
- Extensive experience working with public and private health sectors to increase institutional capacity in health system building blocks, particularly service delivery, HRH, health financing, and supply chains
- Knowledge of Haiti's and USAID's global health sector initiatives, as well as country-driven activities and priorities
- Strong understanding and experience with USG acquisition and assistance instruments and policies, procedures, and requirements
- Fluency in French and English required, including strong oral and written communication and presentations skills
- Working knowledge of Haitian Creole highly desired
IMA/Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veter
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Corus International delivers holistic, lasting solutions to the interconnected challenges of poverty, health and climate change.