Director of Finance and Administration - Haiti Improved Health Service Delivery Activity – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
IMA World Health, a subsidiary of Corus International, is seeking applications Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the upcoming USAID-funded Haiti Improved Health Service Delivery Activity (IHSD). IHSD is expected to deliver health services from the Ministry of Health's Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities. These services are to include: 1) Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; 2) HIV/AIDS; and 3) Family Planning and Reproductive Health (e.g., services, counseling, and commodities).
Corus International was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organization since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organization since 1945), and today includes the smaller entities of Charlie Goldsmith Associates, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America, with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
Today, IMA offers extensive expertise in managing and implementing highly successful and complex donor-funded programs in nutrition, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening (HSS), malaria, HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). IMA has managed an average of $100 million annually over the last four fiscal years, through grants and contracts from DFID, USAID, CDC, World Bank, the Global Fund, OFDA, UNDP, MCC, and private donors. IMA has been implementing donor-funded programming in Haiti since 1998.
Based in Port-Au-Prince, the DFA will manage the finance activities of the project; supervise procurement, finance, human resources, and administrative staff; and ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with USAID policies and procedures to meet generally recognized accounting standards. S/he will develop and oversee the implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for administration and financial support services and human resource management.
- Oversee all aspects of program financial management and operations, including financial and accounting systems implementation; forecasting; budgeting; procurement; payroll expenditure tracking; and financial reporting
- Collaborate with the COP, Country Financial Officer, and IMA Headquarters in the development of program financial, accounting, procurement, and HR systems, including policies and procedures, in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and IMA policies
- Develop program budgets; oversee effective budget planning; develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting processes to meet project financial management, forecasting, and reporting requirements
- Supervise project financial staff; institute staff development plans for training and capacity development; oversee staff recruitment
- Support and monitor local partners and sub-recipients to ensure sound financial management, operations, and compliance; contribute to capacity building of local partners in administration and financial management
- Oversee all program human resources management, policies, and procedures; oversee local staff recruitment processes, including participating in interviews (as needed) and salary negotiations, and in preparing employment contracts
- Minimum of a Master's degree (or international equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field; additional accounting certification preferred, e.g., American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA); Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), etc.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible administrative and financial management experience on large, complex, donor-funded international development projects, including financial and accounting systems development, financial monitoring, budget development, procurement, operations and logistics, IT, and HR management and administration
- Minimum of 6 years of leadership/supervisory experience managing finance, accounting, operations, and administrative staff and teams
- Substantial experience in financial management of consortia of local implementing partners
- Extensive experience in financial management of USAID-funded projects of similar scope and size (cooperative agreements and/or contracts); strong understanding of USG compliance rules and regulations (including FAR and AIDAR acquisition regulations) and Cost Accounting Standards; demonstrated experience with USAID/USG financial reporting requirements
- Experience overseeing project operations, procurement, and logistics; extensive experience in the development and management of large project budgets
- Experience overseeing management of sub-grants and sub-contracts
- Experience working in Haiti, or experience working in fragile or unstable, non-permissive environments highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial accounting software, including USAID financial dashboards (DATIM, DevResults, etc.) and related financial management software and applications; high degree of proficiency in relevant software packages such as Adobe, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity; excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills; demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well as a member of a team
- Professional level fluency in French and English, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of Haitian Creole highly desirable
IMA/Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Corus International delivers holistic, lasting solutions to the interconnected challenges of poverty, health and climate change.