Fuel Bunkering Attendant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Guyana Shore Base Inc. (GYSBI) was established in June 2017 to provide specialized Shore Base Management and Integrated Logistics Services for Operators in the Oil & Gas Industry Offshore Guyana. Today GYSBI is a leader in the Oil-Field Service Industry in Guyana.
We are currently seeking an experienced Fuel Bunkering Attendant who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the fuel plant and the supporting equipment and systems.
The successful candidate will perform duties such as:
- Attend to physical fuel deliveries in coordination with operational guidelines and schedules.
- Regularly inspect equipment and monitor operating conditions, gauges, and meters.
- Perform periodic safety inspections on the marine fueling system and fuel dock receptacles and hoses.
- Calibrate, operate, and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary for the fuel plant / Maintain accurate metering and reconciliations
- Instruct vessel crew in the proper methods for performing fueling operations and supervise dispensing of fuel products
- Adhere to regulations and ensure safety standards are met.
- Adhere to written operating procedures for shutdown and start-up of equipment.
- Keep written records and reports as required by management.
- Other duties as assigned relating to the job role.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Interested candidates are required to have:
- Two (2) years’ experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
- Experience / Training as Load Handler.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
- Technical capacity
- Able to organize, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do).
Compensation will be based on academic qualification and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering our Energy Future