This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Supervisor to join our team. The Kitchen Supervisor will oversee the daily operations of our establishment’s kitchen staff and food preparation. S/he will be responsible for ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels.
The successful candidate will have proven culinary and management experience, an excellent communicator, and outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
- Oversee staff and overall operations of the kitchen.
- Lead and motivate back-of-house staff.
- Lead the daily pre-shift meeting along with bar manager.
- Enforce company rules and ensure opening and closing procedures are completed.
- Ensure that food quality, presentation, and flavor are being upheld consistently.
- Maintain safe, healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with food-handling and sanitation regulations.
- Work positively under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive restaurant environment.
- Produce back-of-house schedules, manage time clock issues, analyze labor costs and sales.
- Identify hiring needs, identify potential employees, interview employees as required.
- Coordinate kitchen & restaurant scheduled maintenance & repairs along with bar manager.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Report any accidents, injuries, near misses, or any other emergencies immediately.
- Ensuring all menu items are available nightly and creating specials nightly
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management preferred.
- Valid Food Handler Health Card.
- Certification from culinary school preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 40 pounds.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Work unsupervised and use critical thinking and time management skills.
- Flexible to changing working hours; daytime, evening, late night & weekend schedules.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NAUTICAL TIKI BAR LOCATED IN HISTORIC CHRISTIANSTED AT THE KING CHRISTIAN HOTEL.