Retail Store Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Retail Store Manager's role is key to the running and efficiency of the retail store. The ideal candidate will have an ability to manage the daily operations of the retail store and complete tasks related to inventory tracking, supervising employees and customer service. Good managerial skills with a sharp business mindset is a must and you should be a confident salesperson able to share your best practices with employees.
The candidate should possess strong leadership skills and also have the necessary interpersonal and mediation skills to function as the liaison between the Board, Property Management team, employees and customers.
Overall the duties of the Retail Store Manager are to make sure the store operates efficiently, sales goals are met and customers are satisfied.
Managerial and Administrative (60%)
- Manage the daily operations of the retail store to ensure its proper functioning
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, special orders and payments)
- Monitor and maintain record of store inventory
- Develop and implement training programs and sales techniques
- Analyse customer behaviour and needs
- Handle complaints and special requests from customers
- Liaise with Camana Bay’s property management team
- Research emerging products, latest industry trends as well as analyse the local market demands
- Create monthly store reports for submission to the Board
- Create and implement plans to acquire new customers
- Promote, work, and lead in a manner consistent with the branding of the company
Supervision and Sales (40%)
- Ensure high performance by training, supervising and disciplining employees
- Plan, monitor and appraise Sales Associate job performance
- Respond to customers inquiries about product availability and after-sales services
- Conduct price and feature comparisons to increase and promote purchasing behaviour
- Inform customers about discounts and special offers and cross-sell or up-sell products where applicable
- Manage POS and deal with sales and returns of merchandise as needed
- Use customer feedback to adapt selling strategies to their preferences
- Oversee sales to determine the profitability of merchandise and services
- Recommend new items to be sold in the future and evaluate their projected sales performance
- Maximize sales by implementing different marketing plans and strategies
- Implement feature displays and special events in the store
- At least 3 years work experience as a Retail Store Manager preferably in a sports retail environment
- Proficiency in English. Bi-lingual is a plus
- Knowledge of Gait Analysis or the willingness to be trained
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of various sports products and brands and an awareness of available resources to discover the latest sports trends and products is an asset
- Bachelor’s in Business Management or a Masters in Business Administration.
- Experience managing medium and large sized budgets
- Experience reporting to Board of Directors and stakeholders
- Experience in Business Operations/Management software an asset
Reports To: General Manager.
All interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to *****@sportista.co. Please include 1-2 references.
Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Take your fun seriously.