Officer - Compliance Department (Aruba Bank)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Officer enforces and monitors risk-based compliance programs to assure the Bank’s compliance with AML/CFT legal and regulatory requirements and assists the oversight of the AML/CFT framework. He/she performs quality check on the periodic reviews to assure that these are in accordance with the AML/CF regulatory requirements and the procedures from the organization. He/she identifies AML/CFT compliance issues that require follow-up or further investigation by Compliance Department.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on improvements on the current AML/CFT procedures, monitoring, or execution of AML/CFT Compliance standards.
- Support the Compliance framework on the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Provide support to the organization when AML/CFT regulatory updates or changes are incorporated in the policies and procedures.
- Keep informed regarding trends and developments in the area of AML/CFT, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these on organizational processes.
- Assist to undertake quality reviews of compliance with policies and procedures to AML/CFT.
- Perform the CDD/EDD reviews based on trigger events.
- Review of the internal subjective reports.
- Review cases escalated via the automated monitoring system (FiserV).
- Timely and accurate administration of cases in the automated monitoring system.
- Identify any potential unusual (subjective) transaction and draft an subjective reporting with reasonable ground to report to the FIU.
- Handle all the assigned inquiry of local authorities.
- Min. completed Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent.
- Min. 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Formal compliance related certifications is a plus.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations relative to AML/CFT, CRS and FATCA and KYC/CDD/EDD principles is a plus.
- Banking knowledge preferred.
- Strong financial analytical skills, able to read reports and interpret data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch and Papiamento.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term working relationships.
- Ability to collaborate/work with others, inside and outside one’s own area to accomplish business goals.
- High level of integrity, able to maintain confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work within deadlines, result oriented.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Answering to local banking needs for 95 years. We strive to bring a Superior Experience to our customers.