Reports To General Manager
Position Summary The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Bay Gardens Resorts standards. This includes front/back of house, public areas and laundry.
Duties And Responsibilities Include :
The roles and responsibilities of this position will comprise of but not be limited to the following list:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Ensure the cleanliness, orderliness, appearance and sanitation of the property.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standards and in adherence to COVID-19 sanitation protocols.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen.
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement housekeeping systems and procedures.
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in selecting suppliers for items related to housekeeping.
- Attend to and resolve guest complaints.
- Attend to and fulfill guest requests.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving VIPs.
- Ensure that team members are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other team members.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Daily inspection of public areas and employee locker rooms.
- Coordinate the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public areas with the Maintenance Department.
- Plan the work for the housekeeping department and distribute assignments accordingly. Assign regular duties and special duties for the housekeeping team members.
- Prepare the department’s schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Review the hours worked hours by housekeeping team members for payroll compilation and submit to the Accounts Department in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily morning briefings with the housekeeping team.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures; following up in a timely manner to ensure completion.
- Maintain a lost-and-found department and be responsible for all lost and-found items. Once the rightful owner of an item is determined, arrange to have the item returned to or collected by the owner.
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to drive change and look for operational efficiencies/synergies across departments.
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure
- Inventory management
- Basic accounting for budget management
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Qualifications Education
- High school graduate or equivalent. Certified Rooms Division Executive (CRDE) or
- similar certification would be an asset.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Housekeeper or similar role.
Applications may be sent to *****@baygardensresorts.com
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your St. Lucia Resorts And Hotels