Electronic Maintenance Technician
Guyana Shore Base Inc. (GYSBI) was established in June 2017 to provide specialized Shore Base Management and Integrated Logistics Services for Operators in the Oil & Gas Industry Offshore Guyana. Today GYSBI is a leader in the Oil-Field Service Industry in Guyana.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electronic Maintenance Technician with a strong background in working with technical equipment and systems.
Job Type: Long Term Role with 9 hours, 5 days’ work week schedule.
The successful candidate will perform duties such as:
- Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
- Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
- Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions.
- Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
- Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development areas.
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Develops the competency of trainee local electronic technicians consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other tasks as appropriate and/or necessary.
- Other duties as assigned relating to the job role.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Interested candidates are required to have:
- 2 Year Electronic Degree or 15+ years of demonstrated relevant experience. Competency in repairing electronic circuit testing, troubleshooting and manufacturing at component level.
- Ability to follow and read work instructions, prints, schematics, drawings, etc.
- Strong technical computer system (hardware & software) knowledge.
- Hands-on problem solving style.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, requiring minimal oversight to meet objectives and timelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
Compensation will be based on academic qualification and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering our Energy Future