Technical Procurement Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Guyana Shore Base Inc. (GYSBI) was established in June 2017 to provide specialized Shore Base Management and Integrated Logistics Services for Operators in the Oil & Gas Industry Offshore Guyana. Today GYSBI is a leader in the Oil-Field Service Industry in Guyana.
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Procurement Specialist with an operations or construction background, who will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and coordinating the local and international purchasing of technical goods, equipment, and services in a timely manner, in accordance with GYSBI’s procurement policy.
Job Type: Long Term Role with 9 hours, 5 days’ work week schedule.
The successful candidate will perform duties such as:
- Responsible for preparing Request for Quotations (RFQs) in SpendMap to be distributed to suppliers for quotations
- Collating and analyzing supplier quotes received against RFQs issued and reporting back to requestor
- Preparation and evaluation of Price Comparison Sheet for technical or complex procurement of goods and services
- Negotiate with Suppliers to ensure best prices, terms and conditions and quality of services are met and in line with departments and company objectives
- Contacting Suppliers to schedule deliveries, expedite orders and resolve any issues
- Preparing Purchase Requests (PRs) in SpendMap ensuring all relevant supporting documentation are scanned, filed, and attached electronically into the system
- Preparation of Purchase Orders within SpendMap and issuance to suppliers
- Verifying delivery of procured items from suppliers and ensuring related documentation is uploaded to the SpendMap system (GRN’s)
- Ensure a continuous supply of required goods and services and communicate any supply issue which may pose a risk or impact the operations
- Provide timely feedback to Departments / End Users on the delivery of goods/ services on Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Reporting any order discrepancies to the Supply Chain Manager
- Update and maintain supplier database in SpendMap
- Ensure internal invoice processing is completed for each PO and liaising with the Accounts Department to facilitate timely payment to suppliers
- Procurement Reporting from SpendMap as and when required
- Research potential new vendors and information gathering on potential new products, as and when required
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Interested candidates are required to have:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ proven experience in technical procurement role with an operations or construction background, conversant in international, Caricom & local markets
- CIPS certification would be an advantage
- Previous experience of e-procurement systems an advantage (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Attention to detail is a crucial skill for this role
- Time management skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Willing to learn new skills and software
Compensation will be based on academic qualification and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering our Energy Future